Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Do you support Israel? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=162412)

TexArcher 07-15-2006 12:10 PM

Do you support Israel?

I know we have a politics forum but I wanted to post this here to get as many opinions as possible.

Two questions, choose the answer that most closely resembles your feelings about this situation:

TexArcher 07-15-2006 12:12 PM

SECOND POLL QUESTION

posnera 07-15-2006 12:20 PM

Re: SECOND POLL QUESTION

You left out a choice in the second poll: America should get involved if Israel asks for or needs help, not specifically depending on Iran.

bisonbison 07-15-2006 12:20 PM

If I write a history of modern Israel, it will be called "No Good Options".

cdxx 07-15-2006 12:32 PM

if i write a history of modern Israel, it will be called "Get These Motherf*cking Arabs Off This Motherf*cking Land"

Dids 07-15-2006 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I write a history of modern Israel, it will be posted in the politics forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Cubswin 07-15-2006 12:42 PM

Re: Do you support Israel?

Two good reading recommendations for those interested in some background info on Israel and Labanon.

1) From Beirut to Jerusalem by Thomas Friedman (his single best writing)

2) Pity the Nation: The Abduction of Lebanon by Robert Fisk (I'd read the Friedman book before jumping into this one unless you have very good background knowledge of the Lebanese Civil War).

Pudge714 07-15-2006 12:57 PM

Re: Do you support Israel?

Politics >>>> TL:DR>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>> OOT

Xizor 07-15-2006 01:02 PM

You realize that the arabs kinda were there first? After WW2 the western countries felt so bad for the jews that they wanted to give them a country.. Seeing as the jews had religious roots in the middle east it was decided that the jews would have Isreal. No one really cared about the people who lived there before, and the jews (helped by mostly americans) fought with modern weapons against arabs for a country that was not theirs to begin with.

That is why a lot of arabs (mostly represented by palestinians these days) do not acknowledge Isreal. The arabs had been there for 2000 years before the jews kicked them out.

This could be discussed till the end of the world really, but I have one final point:
These kidnappings are an act of desperation, the arabs CANNOT engage Isreal in open war, there is no way. Ask yourself this: What would you do if you felt someone had invaded your country, made it their own and thrown you out into poverty. You would fight wouldn't you? Do anything to destroy the enemy that did that? Well they can't fight with conventional means so they have to..improvise.

Religion sucks :/

Excuse my bad english, it's not my first language.

Freerollin` 07-15-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excuse my bad english, it's not my first language.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your first language is Arabic or French?