Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Neteller Debit card (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=161121)

AceCR9 07-13-2006 06:36 PM

Neteller Debit card

didn't know where to post this, so whatever. mods move it whereever you would like if need be.

I was thinking about getting a Neteller debit card for a few reasons:
- quicker access to money for everyday stuff
-immediate access to money for an emergency
-is there a tax advantage? as in because I am doubtful it is tracked same as a normal US debit card.

are they worth it? does anyone have one and could you share your experience?

thanks

Colonel Kataffy 07-13-2006 06:37 PM

Re: Neteller Debit card

I love how when people post things in the wrong place, they give the mods permission to move it.

Evan 07-13-2006 06:42 PM

Diablo told me he keeps a lot of money on his neteller debit card. When questioned why, he said, confidently, "I have a lot of money."

Get a neteller debit card and you'll be more like diablo!

Phoenix1010 07-13-2006 06:50 PM

Yeah wrong place but I'll answer anyway.

I have it and I use it very often. I like to keep my money in Neteller rather than my bank for bonuses and such so if something comes up and I don't want to do an EFT which will take a day at minimum (much more on weekends), I pop it onto the debit card. The money transfers immediately, no fuss.

The cons:
1. Big fees- there's a two dollar fee for every withdrawal to the debit card, and I'm not sure but I think there may be a small fee for every withdrawal you make from the debit card. If you use an atm with a fee it could mean you have to pay4 or 5 bucks every time you withdraw.
2. It doesn't work everywhere- it's accepted at really big chains like Walgreens (which is nice because you can get cash back without a fee) Dick's Sporting Goods, but most restaurants and smaller stores don't accept it. I've also come across one or two ATMs that gave me trouble.
3. There's a withdrawal limit- I don't remember, but I think it's like $500 a day, so you may have to plan ahead.

MadMat 07-13-2006 07:45 PM

I have one, but have stopped using it

The charges are huge, and twice I've been stiffed by ATMs not handing over the cash, but debiting the card, I got the money back eventually but it was a major hassle and took a couple of weeks of chasing neteller customer service to get the money back. They didn't even have the good grace to refund the charges associated with the failed withdrawals either!

I now plan ahead and withdraw to my bank a few days before I need the money!

Mat

surfdoc 07-13-2006 09:57 PM

I think it is great but the system has been down for a while. I am not sure why. Anyone know what is wrong and when it will be fixed?

Rick305 07-13-2006 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is great but the system has been down for a while. I am not sure why. Anyone know what is wrong and when it will be fixed?

[/ QUOTE ]

?

boomboom 07-14-2006 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
didn't know where to post this, so whatever. mods move it whereever you would like if need be.

I was thinking about getting a Neteller debit card for a few reasons:
- quicker access to money for everyday stuff
-immediate access to money for an emergency
-is there a tax advantage? as in because I am doubtful it is tracked same as a normal US debit card.

are they worth it? does anyone have one and could you share your experience?

thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it for groceries and cash about once a week. It's convenient.

[Phill] 07-14-2006 08:19 AM

I got mine the other day.

Whilst i have no intention of using it (EFT will do) having one 'just in case' isnt a bad reason for it.

If you need instant access to your money the $5 or whatever it comes to should easily cover the fact its instant. If you dont need instant access having it and not using it doesnt cost you a penny.

-----

One question i do have. Why havent they started using 'chip and pin' and how come there is no name/exp date so its virtually impossible to find a shop that'll take it. At least here in the UK anyway.

AceCR9 07-14-2006 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo told me he keeps a lot of money on his neteller debit card. When questioned why, he said, confidently, "I have a lot of money."

Get a neteller debit card and you'll be more like diablo!

[/ QUOTE ]

A good reason in itself to get one!