Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Israel's Attack on Lebanon and Hezbollah (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=160680)

BluffTHIS! 07-13-2006 06:46 AM

Israel\'s Attack on Lebanon and Hezbollah

As the news reports, Israel in response to Hezbollah attacks on Israeli soil has attacked not only Hezbollah positions, but also the Beirut international airport. Of course Lebanon is protesting mightlily and spouting threats of retaliation that it can't back up.

Lebanon purports to be a sovereign country, and of course only recently has rid itself of Syrian troops. But it cannot maintain that Israel's attacks are wrong when it fails to act against Hezbollah itself. When Israel invaded in 1982 it was during the middle of the Lebanese civil war when there wasn't an effective central government. But now there is. So that means they are responsible for attacks launched from their soil.

If they tacitly support such attacks on Israel, then of course they have to expect to pay the price. But even if they don't, it is their responsibility to deal with stopping those attacks and if they are unable or unwilling, then again they have to expect Israeli reprisals. And that is going to include the logistical pipeline Hezbollah uses which includes the airport.

So either Lebanon needs to take responsiblity if it supports the Hezbollah attacks on Israel, or take action against Hezbollah itself to stop them. And if it lacks the military means to do so, then then Israel is going to do it for them, with more loss of civilian lives than if the Lebanese government took responsiblity for setting its own house in order.

TaintedRogue 07-13-2006 07:12 AM

Re: Israel\'s Attack on Lebanon and Hezbollah

And the Jews can do it. The Jewish Mafia has been able to maintain a strong foothold in the diamond, publishing & media industries in the U.S., while remaining under the radar.

The only time I can remember the Jewish Mafia being portrayed on T.V., is in the weekly show Hill Street Blues, and then, they were just one of several different gangs assembled at the station house and had no lines. Just two Jews, sitting amongst the Irish, Italian, Puerto Rican Mobs.

All we need to do, is fail to support Israel 100% and the Jewish Mob in the U.S. can rain havoc in the U.S. unlike any terrorist organization.

ACPlayer 07-13-2006 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All we need to do, is fail to support Israel 100%

[/ QUOTE ]

I will agree with this and ignore the rest of your rant.

Our support (financial, logistic, diplomatic) for Israel should be 0 percent so we can finally end the war on terror.

SNOWBALL 07-13-2006 08:34 AM

So if the Israeli air force bombs an apartment complex in Ramallah, then its ok for hamas to bomb the tel-aviv airport?

TaintedRogue 07-13-2006 08:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So if the Israeli air force bombs an apartment complex in Ramallah, then its ok for hamas to bomb the tel-aviv airport?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should let them fight to the death and whoever wins gets all the land.

niss 07-13-2006 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if Israel doesn't have any weapons except what it gets from another country, and those weapons come in by air, then wouldn't it make sense to make the airport unusuable and staunch the flow of weapons into that terrorist nation?

TaintedRogue 07-13-2006 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well if Israel doesn't have any weapons except what it gets from another country, and those weapons come in by air, then wouldn't it make sense to make the airport unusuable and staunch the flow of weapons into that terrorist nation?

[/ QUOTE ]

What?! Is there a rule book now.........they bombed an apt complex, so here are my 6 choices for retaliation?

The rest of the world needs to step aside and let the two countries settle the matter on their own. When they run out of guns, they can fight with knives, and when they go dull, they can fight with fists, and when their knuckles are too sore, they can throw rocks. Just so long as they keep fighting until they are all dead.

morphball 07-13-2006 10:16 AM

Does any one think this is going to blow up, or do you think it will simmer down? Personally, I am suspicious that Isreal is over reacting to this in order to flare up a regional conflict and pull us into a mess that ultimately has us attacking Iranian nuclear facilities...

Meech 07-13-2006 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we should let them fight to the death and whoever wins gets all the land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this how Israel got a large chunk of their land already? The Arabs have been whining about "their" land for how long now? How many failed attempts to take it back?

I like your idea though, although somehow I don't think you'd be happy with Israel getting ALL the land.

nicky g 07-13-2006 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]