Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Nasal Tobacco (Snuff) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=159932)

beset 07-12-2006 11:12 AM

Nasal Tobacco (Snuff)

I was hanging out with some Brits at this pub in Seattle over the last month watching World Cup games. One of them is a regular sniffer of Wilsons brand "Irish High Toast" dry snuff. I eventually gave in and took a toot and found the experience quite enjoyable. A nice aroma in the nose for about 15 minutes and a noticeable lift in spirits from the nicotine. Anybody else tried this stuff? I wonder why nobody uses snuff anymore.

Shajen 07-12-2006 11:14 AM

Re: Nasal Tobacco (Snuff)

beset,

I used snuff for a while back in high school. I did not find it enjoyable.

For a real rush, snort a bit of Copenhagen. That'll clear you right up.

beset 07-12-2006 11:22 AM

I think Copehagen is spawned from Satan's poo

Fedfan691 07-12-2006 11:30 AM

Maybe because cocaine>>>snuff??

belgianbeerlover 07-12-2006 11:33 AM

Yes, I've used it and I also found it nice. Not sure why nobody uses it anymore. I'm guessing lack of marketing. I used to snuff a menthol white powder- looked just like coke. I can't remember the name, but it was kind of minty. There were other kinds that varied in color in flavor. Kind of like chewing tobacco- some are sweet, some minty, some nasty. You can snuff some of the finer cuts of chewing tobacco- like Copenhagen, but it's pretty rough. There may be political reasons why it isn't more popular. If kids snort tobacco, they'd probably be more likely to snort other things.

beset 07-12-2006 12:44 PM

It's definitely something that does not really feel appropriate to do in public in the US because it is so uncommon and looks like you are doing blow. However, considering it was so big was the aristocrats back in the day, gives you a little buzz and many people find enjoyable when they try it, it's interesting to me in a socio-historical sense that it is so uncommon now. I know the chew (although as I understand it American chewing tobacco is illegal in the UK now) and snuff industries took a big hit in the UK when many of the underground mining operations closed down but beyond that I find it mysterious.

testaaja 07-12-2006 02:01 PM

I've grown my own tobacco and made my own snuff, it was awesome. It gave me a really nice mood lift. I could use some right now..

Soul Daddy 07-12-2006 02:12 PM

Some friends and I did it on occasion in high school. We started it as a goof really. Well, that and we were obsessed with trying tobacco products. It wasn't terribly enjoyable other than the head rush and the laughing at each other for taking in as much as we possibly could and then hacking. Though if done properly with higher quality snuff than the junk we used, I'm sure it's somewhat a pleasureable experience.

mattw 07-12-2006 02:14 PM

beset,

why is usa chewing tobacco illegal in the uk?

challenger84 07-12-2006 02:18 PM

On a related note, does anyone know where I can find a good "snuff" bullet, so I can use "snuff" when I'm out and about without having to key it out of the corner of a ziploc bag?