Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   H.R. 4411 - U.S. House consideration (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=156594)

ChrisAJ 07-08-2006 12:15 AM

H.R. 4411 - U.S. House consideration

This may have been posted already, but it appears as though the full House of Representatives will take up H.R. 4411, the Internet Gambling Prohibition and Enforcement Act, next week. Probably Wednesday, July 12th, with a vote sometime that afternoon - watch the whole thing unfold on CSPAN!

Benjamin 07-08-2006 12:33 AM

Re: H.R. 4411 - U.S. House consideration

[ QUOTE ]
This may have been posted already, but it appears as though the full House of Representatives will take up H.R. 4411, the Internet Gambling Prohibition and Enforcement Act, next week. Probably Wednesday, July 12th, with a vote sometime that afternoon - watch the whole thing unfold on CSPAN!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd suggest everyone make a it an important point to call their House Representative on the telephone about this issue before Weds.

B.

LesJ 07-08-2006 12:55 AM

Chris,

Is this Leach's bill instead of Goodlatte's? Or is this some sort of compromise bill?

Thanks,
Les

ChrisAJ 07-08-2006 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chris,

Is this Leach's bill instead of Goodlatte's? Or is this some sort of compromise bill?

Thanks,
Les

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the Leach bill.

astrodon 07-08-2006 04:30 PM

Leach; now there is a perfectly descriptive name for a politician/lawyer. F****** Leach!

It's probably just a little saber rattling cause some organization is not getting any blood money from enterprise. If those folks in Gibralter salt the back pockets of a few politicians and the 'problem' will go away - gaurenteed. Besides, how are they going to stop it: put keyloggers on every pc in America? Typical politician logic: they can't think past their pockets...

I don't play online poker but if I did the legislation would not affect my playing routine at all.

Que2 07-08-2006 04:43 PM

How doea this effect poker tax payers?

What I mean is, there are hundreds of thousands of players who pay ther poker taxes. Now if this were an "illegal" way to make money, who the hell is gonna pay taxes on it?

Seems like the house is not seeing very far into the future.

ChrisAJ 07-08-2006 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It usually doesn't.

ChrisAJ 07-08-2006 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leach; now there is a perfectly descriptive name for a politician/lawyer. F****** Leach!

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a politician, but not a lawyer. If it makes you feel better, at one point he worked for Congressman Don Rumsfeld. He usually works on international issues (which makes me think he'd get the WTO angle on this, but I guess he doesn't). And by the way, he's far from being a "conservative" Republican.

[ QUOTE ]
It's probably just a little saber rattling cause some organization is not getting any blood money from enterprise. If those folks in Gibralter salt the back pockets of a few politicians and the 'problem' will go away - gaurenteed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not likely.

DING-DONG YO 07-08-2006 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How doea this effect poker tax payers?

What I mean is, there are hundreds of thousands of players who pay ther poker taxes. Now if this were an "illegal" way to make money, who the hell is gonna pay taxes on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Corporations pay taxes too. And FWIW, I think the percentage of online poker players who report their winnings is extremely small.

Berge20 07-08-2006 08:19 PM

I'll see what I can drum up on Monday - The bill will be up on Wednesday in all liklihood. There is a possibility that the two anti-gambling bills will be merged in someway in a managers amendment.

It will be interesting to see what, if any, amendments are allowed.

Inside baseball, I realize, but it does make a difference on what comes out of this.