Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   OT: Brag Post (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=151373)

dmk 06-30-2006 06:41 PM

OT: Brag Post

I decided to take up golf this summer (because I wanted something more frustrating than poker to do i guess). Anyway, I made my first hole-in-one today!!! Coolest feeling ever. 165 yd over water. 1 bounce and then poof, gone. Good times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jurollo 06-30-2006 06:58 PM

Re: OT: Brag Post

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to take up golf this summer (because I wanted something more frustrating than poker to do i guess). Anyway, I made my first hole-in-one today!!! Coolest feeling ever. 165 yd over water. 1 bounce and then poof, gone. Good times [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeep. Man oh man. PM me what part of the country you are in, I want to golf with some of you fools. Maybe when people are out in Vegas for the ME.
~Justin

Matt24 06-30-2006 07:00 PM

take up golf for one year and make a hole in one. how nice. I've been playing for over 10 years now and have yet to hit one. (I'm a 10 handicap) And I play 5 times a week.

Justin-I'd play for sure, will be out July 24th-August 1st at least, hopefully longer if I make it past day 1. It will be hotter than hell out there though.

06-30-2006 07:03 PM

Anyone play frolf?

Jurollo 06-30-2006 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone play frolf?

[/ QUOTE ]
You know damn well I do.
~Justin

Jurollo 06-30-2006 07:09 PM

Heat - That is what TONS of beer is for.

July 24th is my bday so I was going to make a post to see how many 2+2'ers would be in Vegas by then and I would think about treating myself to a trip out there whether I win a seat to the ME or not. My brother has a travelling case for my clubs so that wouldnt be a problem. I wonder if Calda or Pickytooth play as they are out there for the whole month. I know UCLAbruinz golfs too (I think) and I am positive ZBT does too, so we could maybe get a few groups out for a day or too.

06-30-2006 07:09 PM

Sweet. I'm envisioning a game of drunken frolf at the NYC meetup, whenever the hell it happens.

Jurollo 06-30-2006 07:10 PM

Done. I am actually working on a new throw in frolf, baseball style, I am terrible throwing it normal.
~Justin

dmk 06-30-2006 07:30 PM

i've played on and off for a few years. like 2 rnds a year or something for 3 years now. decided to take it up a bit more seriously this year. played like 8-10 rnds this year now. i'm not very good, but i managed to play bogey golf that round (only played 9 holes...was during lunch break lol). typically i'm probably like a 27 handicap. my main problem is completely chunking my chips from 0-50yds. typically adds a good stroke to each hole. plus whenever i decide to 3-putt like a moron.

but ya, i've resigned to the fact that all my luck is now gone and my wsop ME appearence will likely be brief

Superfluous Man 06-30-2006 07:55 PM

If I end up in Vegas early, I'd be down for some drunken golf. I haven't even picked up a club yet this summer, every time i thought about going to the range, I started to hear thunder. Stupid weather. Also, I suck, and I'd have to rent clubs. But hey, gambool, am i rite?