Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   NL Poker- Opinions wanted! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=145255)

Nookx 06-22-2006 10:09 PM

NL Poker- Opinions wanted!

Hey, My friend wanted to start playing nl poker at the 6 max 25 dollar nl ring games. I wanted to recommend him to 3-5 books that would help him get started as well as take him to the most advanced level you can obtain merely through reading books. What 3-5 books would you reccomend he get? I have read a few poker books but not many of 2+2's publications, so im just not sure what would be best. Thanks Ahead of time.

caretaker1 06-22-2006 10:40 PM

Re: NL Poker- Opinions wanted!

Getting Started in Holdem by Ed Miller
No Limit Hold 'Em Theory and Practice by David Sklansky and Ed Miller
Theory of Poker by David Sklansky

deacsoft 06-22-2006 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+Pot-Limit and No-Limit Poker, Bob Ciaffone and Stewart Reuben
The Psychology of Poker, Alan N. Schoonmaker Ph. D.

Gelford 06-23-2006 03:56 AM

[Rant]
I know, that I am repeating myself and yadi yadi yada (Everybody knows I dislike POP)

And had we not talked about NL 6 max, I would have kept quiet. But with regards to this game POP can only be recommended if you also provide a disclaimer or healthwarning.

LAG's are not attention craving macho show offs wearing goldchains and so on (add your favorite stereotyping comments here)

TAG is not a superior playing style to LAG

And players do not only play either TAG or LAG, so making a note that they are one or the other can set you up for a nasty surprise.

But if you keep in mind that Dr. Al is talking about a fullring limit setting, then it is perhaps not a bad book

(And at 25NL it really might not matter much, but since Mason has a tendency to pound on nonsignificant details in books as they plant a little seed that might hurt the reader at higher stakes, I allow myself to rant)

[End rant]

RedGladiator 06-23-2006 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I know, that I am repeating myself and yadi yadi yada (Everybody knows I dislike POP)

[/ QUOTE ]
i was seriously considering this book till you put me off in another thread.

Gelford 06-24-2006 07:44 AM

Still as I always point out, many really really love this book. (I have a feeling that I might be a bigger fan if I played B&M limit hold'em.) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

phydaux 06-24-2006 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus:

Little Green Book
The Harringtons