Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Rappers to boycott Cristal champagne (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=139702)

Cyrus 06-16-2006 04:33 AM

Rappers to boycott Cristal champagne

CNN

[ QUOTE ]
Asked by the Economist if the association between Cristal and the "bling lifestyle" could be detrimental, Frederic Rouzaud, managing director of Louis Roederer, replied:
<font color="white"> . </font>
"That's a good question, but what can we do? We can't forbid people from buying it. I'm sure Dom Perignon or Krug would be delighted to have their business."
<font color="white"> . </font>
"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'hip-hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,"' rapper Jay-Z said in a statement released Wednesday. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various [shops] nor in my personal life."

[/ QUOTE ]

We need to get some rhymes for Krug, now.

okterrific 06-16-2006 04:43 AM

Re: Rappers to boycott Cristal champagne

[ QUOTE ]

"It has come to my attention that the managing director of Cristal, Frederic Rouzaud views the 'hip-hop' culture as 'unwelcome attention,"' rapper Jay-Z said in a statement released Wednesday. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various [shops] nor in my personal life."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, b/c not wanting your product to be seen being sprayed all over some strippers ass in some cheap music video must be racist.

ChipWrecked 06-16-2006 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...rapper Jay-Z said in a statement released Wednesday. "I view his comments as racist and will no longer support any of his products through any of my various [shops] nor in my personal life."

[/ QUOTE ]

nigga, please.

jaydub 06-16-2006 09:14 AM

Wow, Roederer really [censored] this one up. Why turn away free advertising? Sure it may be "sprayed all over some strippers ass in some cheap music video" but that sort of thing appeals to the people who are watching the free ad.

J

siccjay 06-16-2006 09:16 AM

Yea I would hate to make money from rappers, it's worth so much less than regular money.

doc_1982 06-16-2006 09:27 AM

I remember reading something like this a couple of years ago, after Cognac producers were shocked by the huge increase of sales in drinks like Hennessy and Courvoisier. However, they just said they were happy for the business, because they don't hate money.

I find it a little strange too that he makes this statement now. Cristal has been prominent in Rap videos since the mid 90's. Why get particular now?

Yoplait, BIMO 06-16-2006 09:30 AM

Tommy Hilfiger v. 2006?

ClassicBob 06-16-2006 09:34 AM

I had never heard of Cristal before it started popping up in the hip-hop world. This is turning down free advertising. Dumb move.

illeagle 06-16-2006 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had never heard of Cristal before it started popping up in the hip-hop world. This is turning down free advertising. Dumb move.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe that's why they're calling it unwanted attention instead of free advertising. Cristal doesn't care if peasants like us are aware of their product. They don't want to be associated with the peasantry or our vulgar minstrels.

CrazyEyez 06-16-2006 09:47 AM

You guys are focusing on the less-retarted of the two quotes.