Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Party Football Promo - Week #7 - Carolina @ Seattle... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=13748)

Schwartzy61 01-17-2006 01:22 AM

Party Football Promo - Week #7 - Carolina @ Seattle...

Well I hope you guys got your hands in Monday night. Looks like an interesting game this week.

For previous comments check the following threads...

Week #6

Week #5

Week #4

Week #3

Week #2

Week #1

radii 01-17-2006 11:55 AM

Re: Party Football Promo - Week #7 - Carolina @ Seattle...

1: Which team will win the initial game coin toss?
a) : Carolina
b) : Seattle

whee.

Ghazban 01-17-2006 12:53 PM

I can't believe there isn't more discussion on this in-depth question. Clearly, those who pick this correctly have done their homework about the teams in question.

JackOfSpeed 01-17-2006 04:26 PM

Anyone have the stats on this one? Obviously, Carolina has the advantage with this as the road team, getting to call Heads and Tails.

Oh, here I've got something: Turns out that Heads has been the result of 50.001% of all coin flips in the NFL verus 49.999% for Tails. I'd go with Heads.

pokergrader 01-17-2006 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have the stats on this one? Obviously, Carolina has the advantage with this as the road team, getting to call Heads and Tails.

Oh, here I've got something: Turns out that Heads has been the result of 50.001% of all coin flips in the NFL verus 49.999% for Tails. I'd go with Heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Variance

aceskay 01-17-2006 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now does this include the game from a few years back on Thanksgiving when Jerome Bettis called heads and the official thought he called tails? I don't see how that coinflip can qualify, hence your variance will be greatly altered.

Ainex 01-17-2006 07:21 PM

The real question should be: With this particular referee how many heads vs how many tails...maybe he likes tails.

Ghazban 01-17-2006 08:46 PM

Don't forget they sometimes use special coins (I know they do for the Super Bowl; not sure about the divisional finals). Those coins might not be evenly weighted, giving an advantage to heads or tails.

radii 01-18-2006 11:22 AM

2: Which team will win the game?
a) : Carolina
b) : Seattle

Seattle is at home and I am sure is the favorite, didn't they open at 4.5 point favorites?

JackOfSpeed 01-18-2006 02:10 PM

yep go with Seattle, they'll win this game about 6 times out of 10. That said, I'll be rooting for Carolina big time despite this bet. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]