Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Program to grab my hole cards? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=1337)

Fryguy 12-30-2005 09:16 PM

Program to grab my hole cards?

I frequently play in sessions with people observing me, and it would be a nice convenience to have a program that autograbs my hands as I play them and does something with them, either to an AIM conversation, or IRC.

Please note that I don't care if this has the hugest warnings in the world, is visible in taskbar, or anything. It's purely to use to save me some effort from typing hands out to friends when they are watching me, nothing else.

proell 12-30-2005 09:59 PM

Re: Program to grab my hole cards?

why should we believe you are not using it for collusion?

and why would you think that Party wouldn't shut you down in a heartbeat?

oh... and how much $$$ are you willing to spend?

PurpleLight 12-30-2005 10:55 PM

In all fairness this would be damn useful. I have lots of friends who sweat when I play, and I sweat lots of friends when they play. It's far different from collusion.

But in all fairness... I would never use a program like this unless it was coded by a close friend and I could examine the source code and then compile it my self.

Fryguy 12-31-2005 02:35 AM

eh, maybe I'll just write one myself then, I'm just too lazy.

bdk3clash 12-31-2005 04:25 AM

You could set up a VNC server so people can remotely view your computer. I'd disable remote keyboard/mouse access though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sniper 12-31-2005 08:05 AM

Why would you want to flood a channel with EVERY hand that you were dealt, rather than just the interesting ones?

FWIW, you should be able to setup a mirc script to feed a hand history file into a channel at a rate slower than its written [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

jba 12-31-2005 08:20 AM

there is a java library called JAIM that allows you to create an AIM client pretty easily, this is the route I would take

Fryguy 12-31-2005 01:43 PM

Most handhistory files aren't written on the fly though, are they? I obviously haven't looked, but I was under the impression that the hand history gotten written as 1 chunk after the hand was over.

Sniper 12-31-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most handhistory files aren't written on the fly though, are they? I obviously haven't looked, but I was under the impression that the hand history gotten written as 1 chunk after the hand was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly certain that on Party the HH is written as the data comes in and not in one block after the hand.

In any event, unless the purpose was collusion, real time transmission wouldn't be important.

jba 12-31-2005 05:00 PM

also be aware that it would no be surprising in the list if the site was monitoring your IP packets and this will send up some mad red flags.