Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   From hand review.....turn decision. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=122718)

Kwaz 05-25-2006 11:42 PM

From hand review.....turn decision.

Villians are unknowns for the purpose of this excersize.

PokerRoom 3/6 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="green"> Hero? </font>

Axiom27 05-26-2006 01:45 AM

Re: From hand review.....turn decision.

i check-fold. i am weak tight and i don't care.

if you are betting because you think you are ahead, you need to believe that neither of them holds any of 16 cards (3 each 5,6,7,9 and 4 eights). the probability that neither of them holds one of those is approximately (30/46)^4 = 18%.

toss in the possibility one or both of them are on flush draws or is slowplaying a pocket pair and i think this is a clear check-fold.

TheHip41 05-26-2006 01:47 AM

check

ILOVEPOKER929 05-26-2006 02:49 AM

Bet again, you can still have the best hand here.

edit: misread the board, check/fold. if the turn was something like a 4d, I'm betting every time.

Weatherhead03 05-26-2006 03:14 AM

check and most likely fold

TheHip41 05-26-2006 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: misread the board, check/fold. if the turn was something like a 4d, I'm betting every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you think the 5 turned into an A or something? Must be cause you are sick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ILOVEPOKER929 05-26-2006 04:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you think the 5 turned into an A or something? Must be cause you are sick. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the 5 was a total blank, then I later looked back at the flop and realized I was on crack.

Kwaz 05-26-2006 06:50 AM

Everyone:

Are you more likely to bet this turn if both your opponents are total morons?

Str8Fish 05-26-2006 07:31 AM

On the turn I c/f against 2 opponents. I'm worried about what button has. His hand has to be good enough to call 2 bets preflop and then one bet on the flop. I'm thinking he has some type of pocket pair and probably will call it down.

Str8Fish 05-26-2006 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone:

Are you more likely to bet this turn if both your opponents are total morons?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the two are morons, betting isn't going to do anything to help our case. They're not going to fold with bottom pair or whatever they have. If they're idiots, then I'd just c/c the turn and c/c the river. We might actually get away with seeing the river for free too, which would be great.