Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Mother's Day gift for first time (expectant) mom? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=110393)

DrewDevil 05-11-2006 10:22 AM

Mother\'s Day gift for first time (expectant) mom?

My wife and I are expecting our first child in November, so this is her "first" Mother's Day.

What should I get her as a present?

jakethebake 05-11-2006 10:28 AM

Re: Mother\'s Day gift for first time (expectant) mom?

Dude, You'll be running out for chinese food at 4am for the next six months. You're doing enough. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Shajen 05-11-2006 10:28 AM

Drew,

dinner, flowers, and a massage. She's got a bun in the oven and I bet her back is starting to kill her.

Mrs. Utah 05-11-2006 10:29 AM

A nanny.

jaydub 05-11-2006 10:31 AM

Do you really believe OOT will be able to pick a better gift for your wife than you? I really hope not but it wouldn't shock me.

Why the [censored] do we constantly see these threads about buying loved ones gifts? Are people that inconsiderate? Just [censored] listen to what the person says throughout the year and use your judgement of their tastes.

My wife is getting silver jewelry. Why? Because she mentioned to me a while back that she didn't have enough; she had plenty of gold and pearls but not enough silver and she likes silver. I made a few judgement calls based upon her taste and picked some out. It really wasn't hard and she will like it. How do I know? Because I actually bothered to [censored] listen to her and then apply some logical thought.

Will your wife like silver jewelry or the particular items I picked out? [censored] if I know, I've never met her. Will she like something non monetary like a framed sonogram picture? Again [censored] if I know.

Seriously is it that hard?

J

lozen 05-11-2006 10:34 AM

Day at the Spa While you watch the little one or brfing in a maid to do a spring cleanup and cook a nice dinner

DrewDevil 05-11-2006 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really believe OOT will be able to pick a better gift for your wife than you? I really hope not but it wouldn't shock me.

Why the [censored] do we constantly see these threads about buying loved ones gifts? Are people that inconsiderate? Just [censored] listen to what the person says throughout the year and use your judgement of their tastes.

My wife is getting silver jewelry. Why? Because she mentioned to me a while back that she didn't have enough; she had plenty of gold and pearls but not enough silver and she likes silver. I made a few judgement calls based upon her taste and picked some out. It really wasn't hard and she will like it. How do I know? Because I actually bothered to [censored] listen to her and then apply some logical thought.

Will your wife like silver jewelry or the particular items I picked out? [censored] if I know, I've never met her. Will she like something non monetary like a framed sonogram picture? Again [censored] if I know.

Seriously is it that hard?

J

[/ QUOTE ]

No, and I have several ideas already, but I've never bought a gift for this specific occasion before, and I thought some OOTers might have the benefit of experience to share with me.

Is that so hard to understand? Why is this bothering you?

StevieG 05-11-2006 10:49 AM

Just take her out to your favorite restaurant and nightlife spot. It's one of the last times you'll be doing it for a while.

Elevens 05-11-2006 10:55 AM

No one likes to search before posting, do they?

My daughter is seven months old. I helped her make finger paint pictures for her mother, which I will frame. It didn't work out as well as I had hoped, because I had to help her more than I wanted, but in the end, I think my wife will appreciate it.

I'm also going to make ribs for her on Saturday. Sunday is reserved for our mothers.

EDIT: I just noticed the "expectent" part. Well, that changes things a bit.

runout_mick 05-11-2006 11:02 AM

http://www.boissetamerica.com/downlo...0300%20dpi.jpg