Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Canadian Liberal Hypocrites deny Polygamy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=10861)

Peter666 01-12-2006 11:30 PM

Canadian Liberal Hypocrites deny Polygamy

"OTTAWA, Ontario – Canada should legalize polygamy and focus on legislation to help women and children living in such multiple-spouse relationships, says a new study conducted for the Canadian Justice Department.

Criminalization does not address the harms associated with valid foreign polygamous marriages and plural unions, in particular the harms to women, says the report, obtained by The Canadian Press under the Access to Information Act. The report therefore recommends that this provision be repealed.

Justice Minister Irwin Cotler said he has seen only a summary of the report, but opposes lifting the criminal ban on polygamy.

"At this point, the practice of polygamy, bigamy and incest are criminal offenses in Canada and will continue to be," he said from Montreal."

So the Canadian Liberal government in great haste forced the homosexual marriage legislation up Canadian asses, but when it comes to other marriage issues which are less controversial, they will do nothing. They are imposing their "morals" on other cultures while at the same time hypocritically supporting full scale immigration and talking about "compassion for others" until our ears bleed.

I have come to the conclusion that liberals just don't like reproductive sex. I think all the contraception pills these people took have seeped into their brains. As long as it is unnatural, it is ok.

lehighguy 01-12-2006 11:32 PM

Re: Canadian Liberal Hypocrites deny Polygamy

That post was so incoherent I have no clue what it meant.

LadyWrestler 01-12-2006 11:36 PM

I know exactly what he meant.

BluffTHIS! 01-12-2006 11:50 PM

Peter's point is logically coherent. If you aren't going to define marriage as only between a man and a woman, then there's not much reason to insist on monogamy either.

jcx 01-13-2006 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Peter's point is logically coherent. If you aren't going to define marriage as only between a man and a woman, then there's not much reason to insist on monogamy either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when polygamy definitely has a historical precedent (in the Islamic world and elsewhere) while gay marriage does not.

Eagles 01-13-2006 02:24 AM

Isn't this fitting because it is the perfect reason to keep the non withstanding clause.

Il_Mostro 01-13-2006 02:47 AM

"As long as it is unnatural, it is ok. "

Define unnatural, please

LadyWrestler 01-13-2006 02:56 AM

"Define unnatural, please"

Contrary to the laws of nature.

Riddick 01-13-2006 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have come to the conclusion that liberals just don't like reproductive sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good thing. Do you see why?

Zygote 01-13-2006 03:21 AM

polygamy should be legal. the government should not even have jurisdiction on this issue.