Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Idea: Big Brother/Little Brother (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=106445)

Tupacia 05-06-2006 07:57 PM

Idea: Big Brother/Little Brother

As the SSNL forum has obviously exploded recently, I think we need to consider innovative ideas besides the standard "post troubling hands" as while still a great tool for getting better, many hands often disappear into the clutter of the forum without so much as a response or active discussion. Going along with Gregatron's great idea for public session review, I think having a sort of system whereby newer players can have a sort of poker mentor on the forums for session review, general questions, etc. would be incredibly beneficial. Yet, the crux of my idea is that people can only be mentored if they themselves are mentoring somebody else. For instance, I am a winning player at NL25, and in order to receive the privilege of being mentored by someone better than me, I would have to mentor a player at say NL10. Now obviously, only people who are reasonably active in the forums should be allowed to take part. As an added side benefit, this may reduce the amount of clutter on the forums as posters may turn to their mentors first to get their obvious questions answered instead of starting another "what does VP$IP mean" post. As it is completely voluntary, nobody would be forced to do it thus ensuring that people participating would be committed. What do you guys think?

xwillience 05-06-2006 08:02 PM

Re: Idea: Big Brother/Little Brother

i think this has it merits. I think a better FAQ would help alleviate some of the basic congestion. I also think that sometimes people are just to lazy to search the FAQ and end up posting redundancies.

EMc 05-06-2006 08:02 PM

Id mentor someone if desired.

MadMat 05-06-2006 08:03 PM

Sounds good, but how would us guys that aren't proven winners at any level yet fit in?

for example I started at $25NL, so far have 7k and am showing a profit, so I'd say thats a good start, but not a proven winner yet!

Mat

kolotoure 05-06-2006 08:04 PM

I would be willing to help out

Dan Bitel 05-06-2006 08:05 PM

I think more people should read the FAQ before posting

I think that *maybe* a few more threads could be locked (ie most of mine [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]), but I do understand that this is a beginners forum, so we want every1 to learn.

As for the metor Idea, I like it, but don't really know if it would work that well. I'd be happy to mentor some1 though

EDIT: after my last session, I could prob do with a few mentors!!!

Tupacia 05-06-2006 08:05 PM

We can do a confidence interval test to determine whether someone is a proven winner or not.

xwillience 05-06-2006 08:06 PM

i dont know who Id be capable of helping and Im already paying a couch but if i can help anyone Id be willing to offer up my time. Maybe a NL10 player or something?

Ness 05-06-2006 08:17 PM

If anyone would like to to have someone to supply them with condescending one liners and nebulous riddle like advice, I am here to help.

Regards,

NESS

Ness 05-06-2006 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know who Id be capable of helping and Im already paying a couch but if i can help anyone Id be willing to offer up my time. Maybe a NL10 player or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you are going to learn No Limit, a couch is a good a place as any.

ness