Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   To Pre-Order or not to Pre-Order? That is the question. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=105728)

Peter666 05-05-2006 08:42 PM

To Pre-Order or not to Pre-Order? That is the question.

It has been my experience and that of others that it is sometimes better to wait for a book to come out rather than pre-order it because the pre-order shipments take longer to ship (Amazon anyone??). How does 2+2 handle pre-order shipping? Will I get my book before the stores get theirs?

MCS 05-05-2006 08:49 PM

Re: To Pre-Order or not to Pre-Order? That is the question.

I think this got answered in the big thread. The short answer is that pre-ordering is very likely to be faster (as it has been in the past).

benfranklin 05-05-2006 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It has been my experience and that of others that it is sometimes better to wait for a book to come out rather than pre-order it because the pre-order shipments take longer to ship (Amazon anyone??). How does 2+2 handle pre-order shipping? Will I get my book before the stores get theirs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would advise you to pre-order from every vendor that is offering pre-orders, and then order from Amazon, B&N, etc., when it comes out. Then keep the first book you get, and send the rest back. Better safe than sorry. Every day without that book will cost thousands in expected earnings.

Wait! Even better. Gambler's Book Store in LV is always the first B&M store to get 2+2 books. Go to Vegas and camp out on the sidewalk the night before and be first in line when they open on release day. As a bonus, you will get to meet a lot of really interesting people during your wait.

Peter666 05-05-2006 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would advise you to pre-order from every vendor that is offering pre-orders, and then order from Amazon, B&N, etc., when it comes out. Then keep the first book you get, and send the rest back. Better safe than sorry. Every day without that book will cost thousands in expected earnings.

Wait! Even better. Gambler's Book Store in LV is always the first B&M store to get 2+2 books. Go to Vegas and camp out on the sidewalk the night before and be first in line when they open on release day. As a bonus, you will get to meet a lot of really interesting people during your wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

You make it sound like I have never done it before. I have actually purchased the entire 2+2 library at the Gambler's book shop in two trips to Vegas with a duffel bag.

amulet 05-06-2006 01:01 AM

Re: pre-order at conjelco

i pre-oredered here several times and received the book before my friends at amazon or the b&ms.

steamboatin 05-06-2006 08:43 AM

Preorder and it is not even close. Out of country members not included.

Dangergirl 05-06-2006 10:33 AM

All of my preorders w/ 2+2 have arrived much faster then what I expected.

dragon14 05-06-2006 11:13 AM

My two preordering experiences with Conjelco were both superb. The books arrived within a day of anyone posting that they had their copy.

My Amazon experience was very poor. It took over 3 weeks from the books release date for me to receive the book.

UATrewqaz 05-06-2006 09:04 PM

I preorderd both books last week via the link on the main 2+2 page. I used regular shipping, but I will post when they arrive.