Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   PS $2/4 JJ UTG all overs flop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=101890)

jwesty5 05-01-2006 04:13 PM

PS $2/4 JJ UTG all overs flop

No reads as everyone here is new to me. My question is given this flop should I even attempt a continuation bet or just check fold this hand?

After thinking about it I'm pretty sure the river is a check fold as well. I'm new to shorthanded poker so was wondering what the consensus here was.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Delphin 05-01-2006 04:34 PM

Re: PS $2/4 JJ UTG all overs flop

Preflop - good
flop - good
turn - fine, but bet against a player who folds easily
river - fold without a specific read

MrWookie 05-01-2006 04:35 PM

I'd just as soon fold the river. The pot isn't all that big, and you're dead allot

Snafu'd 05-01-2006 04:49 PM

I'd much rather bet the turn as the last money I put into the pot than call a river donk.

jba 05-01-2006 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather bet the flop as the last money I put into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

i give up after he calls the flop.

Snafu'd 05-01-2006 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather bet the flop as the last money I put into the pot

[/ QUOTE ]

i give up after he calls the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I'm just saying that since the OP was willing to have a big bet go in this pot, he would have had a better chance to take it down had he follow his flop bet with a turn bet.

BostonMetro 05-01-2006 05:24 PM

This is perfect. It is the rare player who will bet into you on the end with a bricked-out broadway gutshot, so you're probably not good one in seven times. You almost certainly had six outs here so I like betting the flop for the free-card since you will take the pot down a quarter of the time after the river (assuming another player is not holding a hand like KJ).

jba 05-01-2006 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is perfect. It is the rare player who will bet into you on the end with a bricked-out broadway gutshot, so you're probably not good one in seven times. You almost certainly had six outs here so I like betting the flop for the free-card since you will take the pot down a quarter of the time after the river (assuming another player is not holding a hand like KJ).

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx hands dirty up our set outs too.

also, are you saying you like the call on the river? it isn't clear from your post..

BostonMetro 05-01-2006 05:34 PM

Nah, I like a fold. I would probably just call the river if a jack came off and he bet into me. At that point you probably have to fold to a three-bet if you raised, and I'm not willing to do that.

Kwaz 05-01-2006 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather bet the turn than call a river donk.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I give up after he calls the flop

[/ QUOTE ]