Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Set in EP, mostly weak-tight table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=101825)

Shalara 05-01-2006 02:59 PM

Set in EP, mostly weak-tight table

This one is from daytime last week. Not a particularly good table, kinda weak tight for the most part. I'm just drinking coffee, enjoying the silence, and not particularly caring that the table sucks. The others have busted out or left, and I've got a good feel for these guys, and I'm folding laundry, which makes it harder to concentrate & get fresh reads, so I'm content to sit here til I'm done.

What I recall about this table was that a couple players got fairly aggressive if they got hands, but mostly the table was weak tight. They mostly fold to blank-board bets, so I stole a couple little pots here and there, but not very much.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
7 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (7 players) Shalara is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, Shalara calls, MP1 calls, 2 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

UTG was one of the aggros, so I felt like I'd at least get action if I flopped a set. I called. Alas, the other aggro behind me folded.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets</font>, Shalara ???

<font color="purple">I flopped it, yay! And *both* blinds are in, bonus! Now what?

Call or raise? The blinds are kinda weak tight. They *might* call with overs. They certainly won't call a raise without a flush draw or a very strong hand. In no fold-em, I raise this all day long. But this is not no fold-em. For the record, they seem to call UTG's bets more with less, I suspect because he bets more. Of course, they might fold to a bet anyway on that board. So maybe I *should* raise. Hmmm...

sarsen 05-01-2006 03:03 PM

Re: Set in EP, mostly weak-tight table

easy raise.

car ramrod 05-01-2006 03:04 PM

raise, if they have a draw they are calling 2 bets. Sets are the hardest hand to put someone on, so it is usually better to just bet/raise them. If they don't have a hand you won't get money from them anyway, especially weak tight players as you describe here.

Absolution 05-01-2006 03:24 PM

There are two many opponents and the blinds could be holding any 2. You have to raise.

erovner 05-01-2006 03:29 PM

Raise. Your hand is very vulnerable to the flush and gutshots.

Hielko 05-01-2006 04:05 PM

Why raise "because our hand is very vulnerable to the flush"? A flushdraw is folding like never here, but the other people in the hand probably drawing very slim. The flushdraw also has a high equity on the flop, so he doesn't really mind paying 2 bets. Why not raise the (safe) turn? This lets the (possible) flushdraw pay a lot more since 2 SB with 33% equity or 2 BB with 17% equity or so is a huge difference.

car ramrod 05-01-2006 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise the (safe) turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c we can't be sure someone will bet the turn, or the flop for that matter.

Pyro12345 05-01-2006 04:55 PM

Raise... you might not get a spade draw to fold but you can cut the odds down so they are unprofitable... then you win:)

johnnytt 05-01-2006 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
easy raise.

[/ QUOTE ]