Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   50PLO AA flop Q (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=541688)

NinaWilliams 11-08-2007 08:57 PM

50PLO AA flop Q

CO is 27/20, other guy is unknown. PF ok? push flop?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $29.15
CO: $93.50
Button: $30
SB: $17.50
Hero: $37

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $2.25</font>, Button calls, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $9.75</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($30, 3 players)
Hero

chucky 11-08-2007 09:03 PM

Re: 50PLO AA flop Q

Check. If this was hu i might suggest c-betting, but not 3 way.

NinaWilliams 11-08-2007 09:36 PM

Before anyone comments on my shortstacking, I lost a hand before and didnt have time to rebuy.

chucky 11-08-2007 09:42 PM

Um anything more than about 60 BB isnt really considered shortstacking so i dont think anyone would have accused you.

Rob121 11-08-2007 09:48 PM

do not push here. i wouldn't even be happy about pushing if it was checked to me in position in a heads up pot.

OrrLives 11-08-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um anything more than about 60 BB isnt really considered shortstacking so i dont think anyone would have accused you.

[/ QUOTE ]

More like 74BB.

Checking if fine here, but you have one pot sized bet left and a push has some merits. Two pair might fold fearing you have a flush and a small flush might fold thinking he is dead. I would tend to check.

GaZaZaZa 11-08-2007 10:46 PM

i personally HATE the re-raise pre with hands like this, especially if the only times you would re-raise out of position is with a hand like this one as i have said several times before, i think it gives away your hand far to much and doesnt add that much to your value, but thats just me...
on the flop into two opponents pushing is far to dangerous, while i have been known to do it in the past i dont find is succesful often enough, since while you might get two pair to let it go, i dont think anyone with a flush is folding here, unless there quite nitty,,, any reads btw...if you had the A diamonds i might be more tempted to do it, even though in this spot with no back up chips i still would be more inclinded to check folding even with the Ad......just let this one go sir!!!

NinaWilliams 11-09-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant like "reload pf."

chucky 11-09-2007 12:48 AM

Why do you push? Do you push nuts or 2nd nuts here?

OrrLives 11-09-2007 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you push? Do you push nuts or 2nd nuts here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that a smallish bet here would look scary to a thinking player (assuming OP would make a smallish bet in order to suck in opponents with a good flush), but against most players a smallish bet is going to be interpreted as weakness... a weak flush or two pair might call thinking they have good odds.

If hero bets 1/2 pot and is raised, I guess he should fold despite the tempting 5-to-1 odds. If hero bets 1/2 pot and is called, what should he do on the turn?

This is one of the reasons why I hate reraising oop getting only ~30% of my stack in preflop.

OP, on most flops I think that a push is mandatory given the stack sizes.