Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   NL 25 - AQs on all streets (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555354)

Lego05 11-27-2007 05:06 AM

Re: NL 25 - AQs on all streets

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A 3bet of 2.5 times his initial raise there is not nig enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't be more wight.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was clearly a typo. I don't get what you are doing.

infinity235 11-27-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hero has the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

never expected lego to say something like this....

PF: You don't need to 3bet this all the time. If you do so, please be reminded that you will be playing for stacks if you flop TPTK or better. If you 3-bet, please make at least a pot-sized raise... or 3-4 times the original raise, which means reraising to like $3.5 or so.

Flop:

[ QUOTE ]
At least bet $3 on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Hm, well, yeah, after thinking for a while, I think betting close to 1/2 or 2/3 pot is better than full potting... though against regulars or attentive (at least 2nd level) players, this is a must PSB, because you want to make any flush draws pay...yes, they are drawing pretty thin (if not dead already), but potting the flop disguises your hand even more, representing TP, 2P or a set that is scared of the flush draw.

If you get raised, it's a more "difficult" situation... you want to extract the most value (discounting the fact that your hand is actually "only" the third nuts), so calling a raise might be fine, but just be reminded that you are unlikely to get action once another club comes... I like to get it in on the flop if raised.

Turn: As played, I shove. Now your line probably screams monster but you missed a lot of value by not betting the flop... and at NL25, no one pays attention to you anyway.

piebear 11-27-2007 09:35 AM

Don't RR PF, just call. Bet the flop!

As played, just call. Get as much as you can in on the river.

Lego05 11-27-2007 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hero has the nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

never expected lego to say something like this....

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. It's close enough though....all I'm thinking about is getting money into the pot.

djj6835 11-27-2007 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A 3bet of 2.5 times his initial raise there is not nig enough.

[/ QUOTE ] You couldn't be more wight.

[/ QUOTE ] It was clearly a typo. I don't get what you are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Racism ban

Knightsridge 11-27-2007 11:22 AM

why re-raise pre when you said his pfr is 5-8. I like flat calling these hands v players like that. As for the flop, bet that!!! Its exactly players with 40-50 vpip that will gift you their stacks in this spot. He has a high pair poss KK w K of clubs. Bet flop, bet turn, and by this time, hopefully your river bet will be near, if not is, an all in.
As played, raise turn because you need the pot to be big for a big river bet to be paid off.

simonpoker 11-27-2007 12:51 PM

Bet the flop as said bet the turn, here try to get it all in.

ama0330 11-27-2007 12:54 PM

Id bet the flop, but here I would time down and shove