Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Stars $50 - AKs reraise OOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559082)

JSampras1 12-02-2007 02:22 AM

Stars $50 - AKs reraise OOP

Raiser was a new player, so i had no stats. Sb was also new, but i just saw him call a raise with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] OOP, then check raise all in vs a short stack on a A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] flop, so i am assuming he's pretty aggressive.

The reraise is standard right? After i reraise i have to c-bet i think. Should i have bet more? If i bet $13 here i can't really fold right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG+1 ($20.35)
MP1 ($31.45)
MP2 ($19.50)
CO ($10.90)
Button ($20.85)
SB ($41.30)
Hero ($65)
UTG ($52.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.75, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $3, Button folds, SB calls $3.

Flop: ($13.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $7</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $17</font>, Hero folds??

The guy is aggro, but do i really want to get the rest in with AK here? Even if he has a flush draw i have no pair, so he has something like 15 outs. But I'm a significant dog to any pair also.

I suck at hands like that. Pls let me know what you think i should have done here.

AllTheCheese 12-02-2007 02:47 AM

Re: Stars $50 - AKs reraise OOP

Reraise is nonstandard/pathetic. Make it $7 to go here. Your c-bet is too small to take it away from two players and I don't like a c-bet here into a shorty and a LAG. As for the flop raise, this is an insta-fold. Getting all-in once with a big combo draw doesn't make SB a maniac.

gman339 12-02-2007 03:12 AM

Your cbet just got c/r and even if you do hit your A or K you still don't know if you are ahead (especially if its an A or K of hearts). Easy fold.

JSampras1 12-02-2007 03:17 AM

I never said he was a maniac. He had played 10 hands. That's the only one i saw. Would you prefer no reads on the guy?

Also ok fine, i reraise 7 times his raise preflop. Say they both call. I'm check/folding then? If i made it $7, then isn't check/folding to a short stack all in when i'm getting nearly 2-1 horrible?

crazymoose 12-02-2007 03:18 AM

Reraise more preflop.

Given the shortstack and SB's relative position I don't like a c-bet here. Shortstack is shoving with anything reasonable decent probably and SB has a perfect check raise opportunity if he has a good hand since he will trap any dead money the shortstack contributes.

AllTheCheese 12-02-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never said he was a maniac. He had played 10 hands. That's the only one i saw. Would you prefer no reads on the guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. But the hand you gave was very ordinary, and the only reason to consider getting all-in against SB when he check-raises half his stack is because you think he's a maniac who does this a ton with no pair.

[ QUOTE ]

Also ok fine, i reraise 7 times his raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Idk, but it seems like you're trying to imply that this is ridiculous. Reraising to $7 is 4x + $1 for every caller + an extra $1 for limper/being OOP. Maybe I'm wrong but I think this is pretty normal.

[ QUOTE ]

Say they both call. I'm check/folding then? If i made it $7, then isn't check/folding to a short stack all in when i'm getting nearly 2-1 horrible?

[/ QUOTE ]

Reraising to $7 changes the dynamic of the hand entirely. It's much less likely that both will call in the first place.