Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   INAPPROPRIATE (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558689)

nazahl 12-01-2007 02:16 PM

INAPPROPRIATE

so at the advice of nath and others to stop being such a bankroll nit, i took my first drunken shot at 2/4 last night. thanks guys, I love gettin stuck like $1100 in 20 minutes and staying up till 6 am to get even...

villain is of the donkish variety. no stats cause [censored] stats, they're gay. he's pretty loose pre but does more calling than raising.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $344
BTN: $438.50
SB: $443.80
Hero (BB): $400
UTG: $622.30

Pre-Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $14</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $50</font>, UTG calls $36

Flop: ($102) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $90</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $350 and is All-In</font>,

jlocdog 12-01-2007 02:19 PM

Re: INAPPROPRIATE

Whats the problem?

(and no one said you have to be drunk to take a shot....)

nazahl 12-01-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it eases the pain

I dunno, thought it was worth discussing. something that I dont think I've ever done before and wondering whether its a better play than just cbetting/stacking off

Paul Thomson 12-01-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it eases the pain

I dunno, thought it was worth discussing. something that I dont think I've ever done before and wondering whether its a better play than just cbetting/stacking off

[/ QUOTE ]

eithers fine probably against a donk. I think a good player will check AK behind on this flop like 100% of the time.

Panthro 12-01-2007 02:57 PM

taking shots = good
taking shots after drinking shots = not so good.

GTSamIAm 12-01-2007 03:10 PM

Don't play when drunk. I figure you know this...I like the comment about AK, I've gotten [censored] a few times trying to get tricky like you did. And better hands usually are only calling you. If you bet into him, he may push with a pp that you beat. Hopefully he's not one of those tricky players who don't four-bet high pp's preflop.

nazahl 12-01-2007 03:19 PM

guys about the drunk thing, yeah I know.

its not something I ever do cause it generally just ends bad. but otoh it was my birthday so i feel i was entitled to some amount of degen

jds1201 12-01-2007 06:33 PM

as for the hand, i like it fine

nazahl 12-01-2007 10:00 PM

okay so basically I posted this hand cause I took a weird line that I'm not really sure about. I guess its not that bad or anything and probably good for mixing it up/balance etc...

my thoughts at the time... if he has AA/KK/QQ I'm gonna get stacked bet/calling the flop anyways. my line looks weird enough that he might make a bad call with a pp 66,77,99,TT since a lot of people CRAI there with AK. I dunno how much value I can squeeze out of him if he has a pp either, probably 1 street but hes gonna be facing a turn push here on a blank like 95% of the time vs. me

obviously downfall is risking a free card to AK/AQ but my read was that villain was a donkydonk and would take a stab at it w/ any pair and probably overcards

just looked like a good spot for it and was curious what others would have to say.

thanks for the comments

sh58 12-01-2007 10:52 PM

you played it the best way imo.

and don't play drunk!

unless by bankroll nit you mean you have 1000 BI's