Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Life Beat: Just found out I can't fight (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384561)

Passaman 04-21-2007 12:53 PM

Life Beat: Just found out I can\'t fight

I've always been one of the biggest/strongest dude in any group I've been in, especially during my high school years (there's pictures of me floating around BBV). Also, I've been a pretty nice guy for, well, life. Finally, I can talk my way out of almost anything. Put all these together, and, well, I've never been in an actual fight. People have left me alone if they were mad at me, or I talked my way out of it.

Yesterday, I'm in Sport Chalet with my 14 y.o. son and we come into the fitness area where they have the boxing stuff. You know that rubber torso/head that looks like a dude? Well, my son starts beating the crap out of it...really working the dude over. Now, I go to punch it, and I hit it pretty hard, but look like a giant dork doing it. Nothing felt comfortable or athletic (hey, I played college baseball), and the more I tried, the more I looked ridiculous. My kid is laughing at me and seeing his image of me destroyed simultaneously. It sucked. Here's hoping I never have to defend myself or my wife or kids anytime before I can sign up for/complete a boxing course.

StarkNaked 04-21-2007 01:05 PM

Re: Life Beat: Just found out I can\'t fight

Rent Rocky Balboa.

Jiggymike 04-21-2007 01:27 PM

You should have pucked the wussiest guy at the Sport Chalet (lol) and kicked the crap out of him. You're a big guy, just drag him down to the floor and pound him in the face. Then when your son asks you why you did it you say "To show you that Daddy is still a man."

Squareview 04-21-2007 01:29 PM

HUGE BEAT

Passaman 04-21-2007 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rent Rocky Balboa.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to build some hurtin' bombs

THEOSU 04-21-2007 01:33 PM

life brag: i'm usually faster than those people that want to fight me

whoisthedrizzle 04-21-2007 01:36 PM

brag: if someone wants to fight me I just curl up in a ball/play dead

whoisthedrizzle 04-21-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rent Rocky Balboa.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to build some hurtin' bombs

[/ QUOTE ]

just fyi you need speed - you don't have it. and your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. and you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out. so, what we'll be calling on is good ol’ fashion blunt force trauma. horsepower. heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train.

SNOWBALL 04-21-2007 02:10 PM

you better be careful your son doesn't go shopping around for a new dad

kniper 04-21-2007 02:12 PM

maybe its your stance?

dance like butterfly sting like bee