Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Valuetown Check (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524776)

One Outer 10-17-2007 03:47 AM

Valuetown Check

I think this hand is notable in that I feel my opponent's range is ambiguous. I can't narrow it enough to make a decision I feel confident about.

Villain is sort of laggy and not particularly smart about it but seems to be having level 1 or 2 thought. I've played with her several times. Asian female. I wouldn't call her truly loose by live play standards but her range is definitely wide. I'm not sure what label I can apply to this type of player but I encounter them all the time in my game. Maybe a TAGfish?

Not that it particularly matters for this hand but this is during the day on Tuesday, which means that most of the players in the game are old nits who are there for Aces (aces always win, a promotion where cracked aces that go to showdown get $75 from the house). Mostly to explain why there aren't a gazillion players in this hand.

Canterbury 6/12, full game

Hero is EMP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

2 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB (villain) calls

Flop (3 players, 6 SB):

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets, Button folds, Villain calls

Turn (2 players, 4.25 BB):

6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain calls

River (2 players, 6.25 BB):

5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain checks, Hero bets

Meh?

StrictlyStrategy 10-17-2007 03:56 AM

Re: Valuetown Check

It seems like if she calls it's 50-50.

meh

DeucesNeverLoses 10-17-2007 04:24 AM

I think she has a weak 10 a lot of the time here, maybe J9/KJ which obv. wont pay you off. I think this is -EV in the long run.

Mitke 10-17-2007 04:45 AM

What do you think is her read on you? Has she catched you betting 3-barrels with A-high? If so she might be keeping you honest.

If she's as passive as I've been led to believe live players usually are, I don't bet. You don't beat middle pair. Draws don't pay.

You beat 88,44,33,22,97,96,87,86,85 but I'm not sure if all those are in her range, after the flop at least, or would she call with any pair on the river, even in this smallish pot - read dependent. If she's weakish (= TAGfish?) she might be afraid to bet or raise Q or T.

Tugg 10-17-2007 07:05 AM

I don't see any value here, and you (I would anyways) have to lay it down if check raised.I think you see a weak Q or T here quite often.

Grease 10-17-2007 10:16 AM

If you have JJ, I like it, but since, as others have pointed out, you can't beat middle pair now, it seems much more thin and unless you are known to bluff a lot and she knows that, then I would check and cross my fingers.

Yads 10-17-2007 10:44 AM

Meh, I probably just check behind, that way you also get some information.

mntndrew 10-17-2007 11:03 AM

Totally checking down, she's calling down the T.

Lethe 10-17-2007 11:23 AM

Just check it. I doubt you're winning if she calls.

TheCount212 10-17-2007 12:23 PM

She probably has something like JTo. Take your free showdown.