Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Is Kobe selectively picking white guys to cheap shot? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=355000)

Annulus 03-14-2007 01:28 PM

Is Kobe selectively picking white guys to cheap shot?

Kobe has clothelined or elbowed 3 players so far in high profile foul/supspenision cases. Those players are Jaric, Ginobili and Korver. All white players, 2 of which are European. I realize this is a topic no media would discuss. But is Kobe going after white players becausee he knows these guys won't retaliate? Kobe would not dare strike Artest or Ben wallace like that? He might pick on Ray Allen, but he does not count,lol. I have noticed over the many years that I have been a fan of the mostly black mans league that they frequently try to 'punk' the white players. To the white players defense they are usually little guys with no 'thugness' to them, hence they just take it. Any one else notice this trend?

LionelHutz00 03-14-2007 01:41 PM

Re: Is Kobe selectively picking white guys to cheap shot?

obv

battschr 03-14-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those players are Jaric, Ginobili and Korver. All white players, 2 of which are European.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://cache.bordom.net/images/baff1...c47d7c6c6a.jpg

Annulus 03-14-2007 01:54 PM

So, you guys are in agreement? No one ever talks about it, but It has become pretty obvious.

PITTM 03-14-2007 01:57 PM

meh about the white players issue. im more concerned as to why everytime kobe gets near another player and shoots, he decides that the best way to go from there is to flail his arms into the other person's face...

Dudd 03-14-2007 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh about the white players issue. im more concerned as to why everytime kobe gets near another player and shoots, he decides that the best way to go from there is to flail his arms into the other person's face...

[/ QUOTE ]

You lack reading comprehension, it's because Kobe hates white people.

JupiterUWG 03-14-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kobe has clothelined or elbowed 3 players so far in high profile foul/supspenision cases. Those players are Jaric, Ginobili and Korver. All white players, 2 of which are European. I realize this is a topic no media would discuss. But is Kobe going after white players becausee he knows these guys won't retaliate? Kobe would not dare strike Artest or Ben wallace like that? He might pick on Ray Allen, but he does not count,lol. I have noticed over the many years that I have been a fan of the mostly black mans league that they frequently try to 'punk' the white players. To the white players defense they are usually little guys with no 'thugness' to them, hence they just take it. Any one else notice this trend?

[/ QUOTE ]

unless argentina is in europe now, there's only one european

MoreWineII 03-14-2007 02:04 PM

No, I've seen him throw plenty of cheap shots at black guys too - I even saw him pop an Asian (Yao). He just does it when he gets frustrated, which seems to be frequently this season.

I'll give him a pass on Manu, because really who doesn't want to pop that guy in the face.

Dids 03-14-2007 02:07 PM

It's just that the white guys are slow enough to get hit obv.

You would think Kobe would stop once he realizes he's under a microscope.

Annulus 03-14-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I've seen him throw plenty of cheap shots at black guys too. He just does it when he gets frustrated, which seems to be frequently this season.

[/ QUOTE ]

tks for the serious reply. i had a feeling this thread would not generate much serious conversation. maybe its just a coinidence then in Kobe's case. but i still think overall white players get alot of abuse from black players overall. just the other day i see Rip Hamilton shove a white defender from GS because he played some physical defense on him. Rip usually just whines and complains when a brother does the same to him, but when its a white guy he pushes him. i still firmly stand behind my argument.