Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I 3 bet with A hi... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485306)

bennyhana 08-24-2007 10:12 AM

I 3 bet with A hi...

Is this a good flop for that?

Our guy here is 15/6/.92

I'm pretty sure he has a Q and I doubt I'll see a cap unless he has a 6. Am I too wild and crazy?

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>,

kerowo 08-24-2007 10:29 AM

Re: I 3 bet with A hi...

1. Do you think he can find a fold on a blank turn?
2. Do you think he is more likely to fold to a c/r or a donk if you hit your flush on the turn?

With it HU I don't care for the raise too much unless you think he folds the turn or will pay you off if you hit your flush or your A.

Aaron W. 08-24-2007 10:40 AM

I'd rather be in position and do this. If you think he has a Q, he's not folding and you're not getting immediate value for your raise. Therefore, the only reason to do it is for a free card.

Bona 08-24-2007 10:59 AM

I'm sure you bet thinking best case was 4 callers but CO's raise changed that to worst case (HU with a draw)in a hurry. Even if you simply call the raise you would have enough to call 1 on the turn and see the river card. I wouldn't have three bet. You are OOP and not going to see a free turn

BigBadBabar 08-24-2007 01:26 PM

benny, your play seems pretty standard for that 1/2 fulltilt game [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

i don't think it's optimal though [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

marchron 08-24-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our guy here is 15/6/.92

[/ QUOTE ]
With that AF he's calling down anything from here. Raising any draw is pointless unless you think he'll give you a free card on the turn. If you'd check/raised this flop, then he might buy that you're going to try it again, but bet/3-betting the flop followed by checking the turn screams that you're pumping a draw.

nightwood 08-24-2007 02:02 PM

[x] I like it.

voyamatarte 08-24-2007 02:03 PM

*G*

You have 9 outs from your flush draw here, and 1.5 ace outs, discounted because of the paired board, giving us immediate pot odds of ~3.5. I think four people would have to stay on through the flop for this to end up paying off. I check this flop, letting one of LP players blow the pot up for my draws, and because it is less likely the blinds have something they would c/r with.

Shillx 08-24-2007 02:23 PM

It would make more sense if you were in the big bling or if he could actually have trips. Now it is a game of chicken and you probably won't win much if a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] does roll off (look at it from his POV, he is basically getting freerolled if a club comes and he has Qx). You should do this if it will get him to fold a better hand (seems dubious here but sometimes it is worth a try) or if he will incorrectly give you a queen and go 4 bets when you end up making a flush.

milesdyson 08-24-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure he has a Q and I doubt I'll see a cap unless he has a 6. Am I too wild and crazy?

[/ QUOTE ]
so unless you're checking the turn and planning on him checking behind his TP, this play is obviously not +EV.

sorry.

Board: 6c 6d Qc
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 41.869% 41.87% 00.00% 14922 0.00 { Ac8c }
Hand 1: 58.131% 58.13% 00.00% 20718 0.00 { KQs, QTs+, KQo, QTo+ }