Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Fun w/ A9s (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546857)

The Dude 11-15-2007 01:54 PM

Fun w/ A9s

Bellagio 30-60.

CO in this hand is the Asian dealer I've mentioned before. Plays too many hands, is reasonably aggressive, is better than most dealers, but still bad. Occasionally she stumbles her way into playing hands well, though.

Preflop:
The Dude opens 5 off the button w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Folded to CO who calls. Everyone folds.

Flop: (5.67 SBs) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 Players)</font>
The Dude bets, CO calls.

Turn: (3.8 BBs) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
The Dude bets, CO raises, The Dude calls.

River: (7.8 BBs) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
The Dude checks, CO turbo bets. The Dude...?

piggity 11-15-2007 02:01 PM

Re: Fun w/ A9s

I'd fold preflop from that early, and just fold the river as played against a bad player. No need to try to win every pot.

private joker 11-15-2007 02:03 PM

Let's see, it costs 2BB to try to win 9BB. You know what, I think she folds often enough to make this a profitable river checkraise. Do it.

cgrohman 11-15-2007 02:13 PM

If I decided not to 3 bet the turn, I dont think I am going to get fancy now.

Yads 11-15-2007 02:14 PM

Fold.

Lethe 11-15-2007 02:23 PM

I can't imagine not folding here.

gaming_mouse 11-15-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's see, it costs 2BB to try to win 9BB. You know what, I think she folds often enough to make this a profitable river checkraise. Do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

joker, many of the times she folds she has a missed draw and you had the best hand anyway. The c/r is only useful if you think you can get her to fold a T. I don't think many people will, and even less "bad" people... though ofc it depends on the type of bad.

*TT* 11-15-2007 02:40 PM

glad to see your not having fun with me today.

Turn - talk to us about the villain's range because your turn bet may or may not be ideal. This might be a good spot for a value check.

Is she the tricky cold-call with KK type who will raise the turn HU, the small pair call the flop raise any non A type (the trademarked Bellagio semi-float), or is she the cold call with ATs and call any flop type? A river c/r will work with type 2 &amp; 3, but will fail with type 1. Of course a c/r will also fail with 2 pair or better (unlikely within her range unless she hit a set). Lastly if she is the cold call with AK type with the intention of calling down bare then there is nothing you can do.

DeathDonkey 11-15-2007 02:50 PM

At the Bellagio I 3 bet this turn and more or less dark bet the river, unless this is a particular breed of player who is more suited to be playing at Commerce. Then I just call the river I think.

-DeathDonkey

KitCloudkicker 11-15-2007 03:32 PM

anyone ever CR this turn?