Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535846)

EMc 11-06-2007 04:18 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

Grrrrr tests suck.

Financial Statement Analysis can kiss my ass. Auditing a close second. MIS a distant third.

goofyballer 11-06-2007 04:18 PM

Is a certain amount of involuntary shaking normal in muscles? Like, if I take a laser pointer and point it at something 2-3 feet away, I can only really keep it within a radius of maybe 1/3 to 1/2 an inch. It's also a pain playing Resident Evil when I'm trying to shoot something far away with the Wiimote because it's hard to point at exactly the right spot.

KeanuReaver 11-06-2007 04:20 PM

goofyballer if you work out regularly yes

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 04:22 PM

Just finished watching the last epidose of Band of Brothers. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is the best TV I have ever watched by an absolute mile. I admit I had a little bit of a tear in my eye at certain points in the last couple of episodes. The liberating of a Nazi concentration camp was especially harrowing and touching. Can't believe it took me this long to get round to watching it.

Worm75 11-06-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is a certain amount of involuntary shaking normal in muscles? Like, if I take a laser pointer and point it at something 2-3 feet away, I can only really keep it within a radius of maybe 1/3 to 1/2 an inch. It's also a pain playing Resident Evil when I'm trying to shoot something far away with the Wiimote because it's hard to point at exactly the right spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether it is normal or not i don't know, but I'm pretty much the same way. My friends often joke that I'm an early developer of Parkinsons disease

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 04:23 PM

goofy - I get this aswell, I am [censored] awful at taking pictures especially.

Worm75 11-06-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just finished watching the last epidose of Band of Brothers. I'm not exaggerating when I say it is the best TV I have ever watched by an absolute mile. I admit I had a little bit of a tear in my eye at certain points in the last couple of episodes. The liberating of a Nazi concentration camp was especially harrowing and touching. Can't believe it took me this long to get round to watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, as I'm sure Jay will attest if you haven't seen this do yourself a favor you won't be disappointed.

BTW, the guy that plays Cpt. Winters in that series is now the lead in the new ABC show Life, which has probably been my new favorite show of the season.

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, the guy that plays Cpt. Winters in that series is now the lead in the new ABC show Life, which has probably been my new favorite show of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I loved Winters, such a classy guy. The actor does an awesome American accent aswell, I had no idea he was an English actor until I saw him on some of the bonus features on the DVD.

bpc009 11-06-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved it too. It is number 2 on my list behind The Wire, but I can tell you it's a long way after the two of them to number 3.

bpc009 11-06-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Natalie didn't reply so I tried to call her but her phone is turned off. Is there anything I can do apart from wait until I see her again?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP2O2cutiSw

kolo, you're the guy in the black hoodie

Xanta 11-06-2007 06:07 PM

Got my relativity exam back today. Prof had been marking them for over a month and I was certain that I'd failed, wasn't sure of a single answer that I put down on the midterm but had a good idea on most of em. Ship the 92%, I run good at physics. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Snipe 11-06-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goofyballer if you drink tons of coffee at the workplace regularly yes

[/ QUOTE ]

Shizzle12345 11-06-2007 06:20 PM

So far everyone who i told i play poker reacted positivly on it and thought it was interesting. But i hang out with a smart crowd and not with close minded dumb pple.

orange 11-06-2007 06:28 PM

god im a [censored] been doing this alot lately.

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 06:30 PM

POKER IN THE LIFE THREAD BAN PLZ!

urbanati 11-06-2007 06:43 PM

Just got home from a Deep Purple concert. It was just so awesome. I should really go to concerts more often.
My last one was a Bon Jovi concert which was back in 1992...

BGnight 11-06-2007 06:53 PM

Do any of you have NCAA football 08 on xbox live? Cuz I'd like to whoop up on some 2+2'er azzzzzz sometime.

Chaos_ult 11-06-2007 07:06 PM

Am I weird because I like going off on my own for long periods of time?

I love taking really long hikes by myself to really enjoy the full beauty of nature. I tend to find the most beauty in the subtle things. Anyone who goes with me tends to be a distraction from those things.

From today (the light sucked):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_0917.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_0938.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...t/DSC_0995.jpg

orange 11-06-2007 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you have NCAA football 08 on xbox live? Cuz I'd like to whoop up on some 2+2'er azzzzzz sometime.

[/ QUOTE ]
what is your sn? my roomie plays alot and i'd watch you two play.

Ratamahatta 11-06-2007 07:13 PM

Nice pics, focus on last one looks wrong tho. What lense did you use on those?

Chaos_ult 11-06-2007 07:15 PM

they're all taken with the Nikkor 18-55 mm lens with a wide angle attachment

It was really cold, sorry about the focus

Ratamahatta 11-06-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
they're all taken with the Nikkor 18-55 mm lens with a wide angle attachment

It was really cold, sorry about the focus

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that's ok. You didn't make them for me. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Do Nikon cameras have 18-55 mm kit lenses too? Because I just bought Canon Rebel XTi (400D) and got a crappy 18-55 mm kit lense with it.

Chaos_ult 11-06-2007 07:23 PM

Yeah they do, but I really don't mind this lens. Maybe it's because Nikon arguably produces the best glass in the industry. Who knows.

I need to save for a telephoto though..so many pictures i've missed because I can't get close enough.

Randiek 11-06-2007 07:32 PM

Cool pics indeed. I can't wait till I get my camera, although I will probably suck at making pictures. I think I'm gonna make a million pictures of my current studenthome cuz I don't have anything from this place yet. I suck at hosting so I guess I won't be posting it on here unless someone gives me an easier upload-thingy than imageshack.

Jay Riall 11-06-2007 07:43 PM

Camera noob here - you guys use a tripod for taking those photos?

Chaos_ult 11-06-2007 07:43 PM

Not for those.

I do own one though.

BGnight 11-06-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what is your sn? my roomie plays alot and i'd watch you two play.

[/ QUOTE ]

bahhh. Just got beat 24-14. I'm BGnight, ldo [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. What's his? I'm sure he'd kick my butt.

TheChad 11-06-2007 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Camera noob here - you guys use a tripod for taking those photos?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark here and say no. You don't really need one unless you're going to be taking a lot of shots for a period of time (ie 400 shots in a couple hours).

orange 11-06-2007 08:13 PM

BG, get online now. his gamertag is rawkfanseth

BGnight 11-06-2007 08:14 PM

ok hold on 2 min

Randiek 11-06-2007 08:16 PM

Hmmm.. Any IT guys here? I need some help with setting up remote desktop on my PC. Need some help on how it works, what it exactly does and how I can set it up. Wouldn't take too much time I suppose. Or should I ask help for this in another forum?

Shizzle12345 11-06-2007 08:17 PM

why the fk cant i get good grades on tests so fking easy a retard could do it if he actually studied some. High school i always got bare minimum. And i did highest thing possible because all those retards claimed I have brains (Iq is 130 or something). I never did a fking thing. But yet im too lazy and unmotivated to do anything at all in University. Only thing i work hard for is poker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thinking about dropping out (only first year) and starting again when i can find more motivation and get myself to do something, im only just 19 y/o. I hate this so much, why cant i be just like everyone else and be done with it. just get that stupid degree, even tho i hate studying and reading all those books.

/emo rant

orange 11-06-2007 08:25 PM

LOL bg owning my roomie now.

Snipe 11-06-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why the fk cant i get good grades on tests so fking easy a retard could do it if he actually studied some. High school i always got bare minimum. And i did highest thing possible because all those retards claimed I have brains (Iq is 130 or something). I never did a fking thing. But yet im too lazy and unmotivated to do anything at all in University. Only thing i work hard for is poker. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thinking about dropping out (only first year) and starting again when i can find more motivation and get myself to do something, im only just 19 y/o. I hate this so much, why cant i be just like everyone else and be done with it. just get that stupid degree, even tho i hate studying and reading all those books.

/emo rant

[/ QUOTE ]

Dropping out is a bad idea. Motivation only gets harder as you get older.

Also - hs is incredibly easy - I never studied until I got to college. Suddenly competition was tougher and I was forced to try a little (good school for engineering = even tougher).

I'd suggest you really focus on HOW YOU LEARN. I never went to class after the first half of freshman year, never went to office hours, yet still graduated in the top 10% of my class (not really anything to brag about but w/e). What I learned early was that I learned by working through problems, and really thinking about them before asking questions of my smarter friends (who DID go to class and office hourse [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ).

Not saying this is right for you, but after I realized a) how I learned and b) how to study effeciently - suddenly I was able to free up time by cutting extraneous 'should do' [censored] like going to class. That free time allowed me to party / enjoy life, and in that efficiency, I found the motivation to study when necessary and do well. I figured I owed it to myself for how much fun I was having during the time.

Hope that helps / makes sense. I think I've used up my /'s for the day.

TheChad 11-06-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL bg owning my roomie now.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. my bro's roommate in college was ranked like #5 in the nation on Halo when it first came out. My bro showed me his tricks and now I pwn all of my friends, but my bro still owns my halo azzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz all day with the sniper/pistol. lol at onlinelivevideogameaments

TheChad 11-06-2007 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd suggest you really focus on HOW YOU LEARN.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I would tell you too. oh yeah, and don't drop out. yeah, it sucks (present tense for me too). but it will be worth it when we retire in 15 years and sit across from Orange and Goofy in Monte Carlo playing Chinese with 2-7 in the middle for $5k/point. I just keep dreaming of getting Raymer across from me in a HU TD27 match for his roll.... hmmmm... enough about wet dreams. don't drop out.

TheChad 11-06-2007 08:51 PM

http://www.ldpride.net/learningstyles.MI.htm

Shizzle12345 11-06-2007 08:52 PM

k ty for all advice. When i am motived for stuff i work super hard for it, but when im not i cant be arsed to do anything, I gotta get rid of that mentality.

orange 11-06-2007 08:59 PM

BG down like 21-10 to roomie in the third. i'm sure that BG is swearing at the screen, roomie got a few breaks.

orange 11-06-2007 09:21 PM

BG gets buttraped. roomie says 'gg, we should play again sometime.'