Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A Message to all of SSNL (and the other NL forums for that matter) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=536500)

MoP_86 11-01-2007 09:25 PM

A Message to all of SSNL (and the other NL forums for that matter)

Way to often I'll read a hand posted and the replies go something like this.

first reply:

"cr flop"

Second reply:

"no way, cr is terrible, b/f please"

third reply

"b/3-bet call shove, fistpump!!!"

now what the heck am I supposed to get from this?

I'll usually have to wade through the replies to find someone who is actually willing to explain the meaning behind their recommendations.

I'll be the first to admit that I have been guilty of doing the same in some of my posts in the past.

A guess the big thing is that I don't think we gain ANYTHING AT ALL from these types of posts. I believe they should be against the rules.

If you want to reply with a line to someones hand, please please please explain your reasoning behind your reply, even if its just a line or two.

cheers friends

Unknown Soldier 11-01-2007 09:27 PM

Re: A Message to all of SSNL (and the other NL forums for that matter)

[ QUOTE ]
A guess the big thing is that I don't think we gain ANYTHING AT ALL from these types of posts. I believe they should be against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

very wrong (see what i did there? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

MoP_86 11-01-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very wrong (see what i did there? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

NO ( [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

sh58 11-01-2007 09:30 PM

i agree in the whole

however, i think there is merit to it.

in your example, you have discovered that it is probably a marginal situation and that one of the 3 options isn't the only way to go.

i think the first original answer should have reasoning, but that people should be allowed to chip in with 1 word answers to give the OP the overall opinion.

otherwise it will be several people repeating the same thing over and over again, which clogs up the thread even worse, imo.

carrotsnake 11-01-2007 09:30 PM

Most posts are retarded and deserve a 1 liner at best. Other times its a situation that probably should be described, but the person just wants to make a point. Some people like explaining, others like to say what they believe. Its probably annoying, but maybe you should find the people you respect's posts, see what they say, and then try to figure out why they said it ? If they aren't gonna change, and it doesn't appear they are, you probably should

Unknown Soldier 11-01-2007 09:33 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

the point is to think about the one liners. Some experienced posters/players often just write one liners (ikestoys for eg) they give you the answer and you can learn alot just by trying to get to it. I'm sure the people doing it will be decent enough to explain a little more if you don't get what they're trying to say. Just quote their response and ask them. (i know i will do that anyway).

I can understand your frustration sometimes, it's mostly because we're all lazy, but the one-liners can help alot.

4_2_it 11-01-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They are. Check out the forum posting sticky.

spivey 11-01-2007 09:34 PM

fold pf

theplux 11-01-2007 09:35 PM

easy shove

loosbastard 11-01-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold pf

[/ QUOTE ]