Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time player? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=227193)

axioma 10-03-2006 07:54 AM

on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time player?

with 1 being not very, and 10 being very bad.

sorry if some find this unsensetive but ive just returned from a break to all of this and im trying to assess where i stand.

excession 10-03-2006 08:25 AM

Re: on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time player?

It's about minus 5 - it's good news for the average Euro player as sites like Party and Stars are going to have to fight like cats in a sack for non-US market share now.

Also the big MTT's etc will start running at Euro prime time (as the Euro-peak will become prime poker time if the US players leave).

jukofyork 10-03-2006 08:29 AM

I thinks it's pretty hard to answer (or predict), as I think it will depend on what games you play.

My guess is that for limit players this will be a total disaster, leaving only hard-core bonus-whoring euro-rocks playing, but for NL ring and tournaments I think it will have less of an effect overall due to their popularity in Europe.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

axioma 10-03-2006 08:58 AM

Re: on a scale of 1-10, how bad is this for a european full time playe

hmm ok guys, thanks for input.

for reference i play the 600NL 6 max games during UK office hours. things seem a little worse currently but its too early to say too much i suppose.

excession 10-03-2006 02:10 PM

UK office hours would be 4am to noon EST? Not exactly US peak..

adi 10-03-2006 02:41 PM

most scandinavians are better than the rest of europe on average, but continental and uk people are almost as fishy as the americans. one good thing about this is that europeans will probably get more respect now from the poker sites. no more nfl [censored] contests that no european cares about, no more stores that don't send their stuff to europe, more deposit methods like moneybookers that are used by europeans compared to all the current methods that are 80% american based and so on... i pay a lot more rake than most american players so i deserve some [censored] respect [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

William 10-03-2006 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
most scandinavians are better than the rest of europe on average, but continental and uk people are almost as fishy as the americans. one good thing about this is that europeans will probably get more respect now from the poker sites. no more nfl [censored] contests that no european cares about, no more stores that don't send their stuff to europe, more deposit methods like moneybookers that are used by europeans compared to all the current methods that are 80% american based and so on... i pay a lot more rake than most american players so i deserve some [censored] respect [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HEAR HEAR...

gone.flying 10-03-2006 02:49 PM

actually the short term (next 3 days) is looking remarkably good as quite a few players seem to be donking off the remains of their bankrolls.

Long term who knows - the loss of some US fish is likely to be offset by the loss of the US sharks - I for one will not be sorry to see some of the california style holdem-nofoldem lagtard players gone

SunOfaJack 10-03-2006 03:07 PM

When are Europeans their fishiest? Currently prime fishing seems to be between 23:00 to 1:00 EST, but I wondering what will become the new prime time?

I for one am going to miss Cali style no foldem LAGtards.

solucky 10-03-2006 03:47 PM

The biggest part is the word FULL TIME. My guess instead 12-15 active hours you have in the future only 5-6 hours. So far you could start at 19:00 european time and stop at 10 in the morning...these times seems over