Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Battle with Bertkc (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534337)

brettkc 10-30-2007 01:41 AM

Re: Battle with Bertkc

They arent bc if hand 4 didnt go down a certain way hand 3 wouldnt haev happened!

FishSticks 10-30-2007 01:42 AM

So what's the deal with this whole "bert" vs "brett" thing anyways?

djj6835 10-30-2007 01:44 AM

Don't play at ft so I don't know anything about bertkc but I think I can safely say hand one is ugly against almost anyone. Only rationale I see is that you feel villain is fos here a lot since you are repping such a narrow range on the flop although his line looks way too bluffy to actually be a a bluff imo and your line looks even more like a bluff.

Hand 2 seems fine. I assume villain knows you are b/f this turn a lot and even if he calls you have decent equity against his range.

Hand 3 also seems fine. Overpair on a drawy flop against aggro villain.

Hand 4 also looks good. Double barrel also seems fine but crai is better if villain is a habitual floater.

Casper05 10-30-2007 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW they arent really in order, i dont think

[/ QUOTE ]well that changes a lot- we cant use the "metagame" without them in order.

I like the QQ hand if it came after the TJ hand...I hate Hand 1 no matter when it came.

carnivalhobo 10-30-2007 01:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW they arent really in order, i dont think

[/ QUOTE ]well that changes a lot- we cant use the "metagame" without them in order.

I like the QQ hand if it came after the TJ hand...I hate Hand 1 no matter when it came.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL point taken.

order is 1,2,4,3 i think.

carnivalhobo 10-30-2007 04:18 AM

bump for the morning crew

terp 10-30-2007 04:25 AM

hand 1 i know what you're thinking, but come on now.

EDIT: also, orange, i doubt he has an overpair a lot, but if he does and takes this line, LOL at folding

hand 2 i like call and c/c any river (though i haven't gotten to the river yet against him so this might not be best, but it's sort of a standard line for me against a decent lag with these stacks and the K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

hand 3 i don't mind at all but i'd prefer a smaller flop bet as i think his range becomes heavier with bluffraises.

hand 4 this is fine against him and much better than betting since we have to b/f and i think he fires that turn a ton

tannenj 10-30-2007 04:29 AM

i think it's really hard to post worthwhile analysis for these hands without seeing them in order with results. obviously results will bias comments, but i don't know what there is to say about hand 1, for example, without reading some kind of history.

terp 10-30-2007 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think it's really hard to post worthwhile analysis for these hands without seeing them in order with results. obviously results will bias comments, but i don't know what there is to say about hand 1, for example, without reading some kind of history.

[/ QUOTE ]

while this is true, the flow of each of these hands implies that it's at least a "fair fight" and neither is completely getting owned.

hobo you might just generally add a summary of your dynamic with a LITTLE more info

carnivalhobo 10-30-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hand one came first, and he won, hand 2 came second and he won, hand 4 came 3rd an i won, hand 3 came last.

The dynamic felt like we were playing poker and the rest of the table was watching. I was playing abit faster than the stats given at the top indicate probably closer to 24/19. I had been showing down winners vs the rest of the table and generally playing solid/agressive. Bert had been opening a ton, as he does but no one else had really fought back.