Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   First hand in a tourney I get AA (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=554877)

basic 11-26-2007 03:56 PM

First hand in a tourney I get AA

I'm sorry for not posting the hand as required because none of the HH converters work with the site I play at. Moreover I don't think they're so important as it's the first hand in the tourney.

It's a $10+1 buy in freezeout tourney with 2k starting chips and blinds starting at 10/20. The table is 10 handed.

Dealt to me A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 raises to 55, MP3 calls, 2 folds, BTN calls, 1 fold, I raise to 200, MP1 calls, 1 fold, BTN calls

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I bet 700, MP1 shoves all-in, BTN calls after thinking for a while, I..

I don't think I did anything wrong PF. I make a pot size bet to force any drawing hands to fold and take the pot there. But now I face an all-in and a call this early in a freezeout tourney. Do I call here or fold my aces?

ZBTHorton 11-26-2007 04:13 PM

Re: First hand in a tourney I get AA

Raise bigger pre-flop.

gtpitch 11-26-2007 04:21 PM

With already 3 people in for T55 before you could act I would raise preflop to ~T300. I call this flop and hope no more spades fall. Its not likely that you're already beat unless he had 99. And if you lose go find another MTT to play. I don't see how we can fold here without any reads and this flop isn't terrible for your hand.

basic 11-26-2007 04:21 PM

So you would check/call the flop gtpitch? I was BB and first to act.
For the record I did call, MP showed QQ and BTN had 55 for a set that beat me. But I figure I'm ahead here most of the time to make the call.

StepBangin 11-26-2007 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you give me a number here. I don't want everybody to fold PF so I figured 200 would be optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont want everybody to call either.

Raise around 300 - 350 and try to get atleast two of them out, this will be 100x easier to play heads up.

Why on earth would you want to go to a flop 4 handed with AA? You are just asking to lose.

Would you rather have everyone fold to your re-raise preflop and have you win some chips or have 2 people call a very small re-raise and then bad beat you out of the tournament, which I am assuming happend here.

StepBangin 11-26-2007 04:32 PM

Why did you edit your previous post instead of just making a new one? I was in the middle of answering your question and then BAM its gone.

GT is saying bet 700 and call the all-in, not check/call on the flop.

DeuceSeven 11-26-2007 04:32 PM

Make it 250-300 preflop. On the flop you autocall. You could be up against a set or a straight, but more then likely your up against a smaller over pair and a draw. Get it in, more times then not you're ahead in these spots in small buy in mtts.

ZenMusician 11-26-2007 04:34 PM

Thanks for the flashback...this exact hand
happened to me at the big Central Mass 2p2 game.

Well, except I sized my bet properly and got the
hand HU...bet 2/3 pot got RR AI, threw my AA at the
player while he proudly showed his soooooted connector.

Good thing I attend those to help my skill level [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-ZEN

basic 11-26-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can you give me a number here. I don't want everybody to fold PF so I figured 200 would be optimal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You dont want everybody to call either.

Raise around 350 - 400 and try to get atleast two of them out, this will be 100x easier to play heads up.

Why on earth would you want to go to a flop 4 handed with AA? You are just asking to lose.

Edit: Would you rather have everyone fold to your re-raise preflop and have you win some chips or have 2 people call a very small re-raise and then bad beat you out of the tournament, which I am assuming happend here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry about editing the post you quoted, the replies are coming in so fast.

The idea of the PF raise was to get HU but I thought 200 to be optimal (it is the first hand and raising 10xBB should be enough to make all non-premium hands fold)

StepBangin 11-26-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the flashback...this exact hand
happened to me at the big Central Mass 2p2 game.

Well, except I sized my bet properly and got the
hand HU...bet 2/3 pot got RR AI, threw my AA at the
player while he proudly showed his soooooted connector.

Good thing I attend those to help my skill level [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

-ZEN

[/ QUOTE ]

Game was fixed IMO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]