Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   HU HAND (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526509)

Ship Ship McGipp 10-19-2007 11:23 AM

HU HAND

I'm hesitant to even post this, since it's so "read dependent" but I'll give oyu want I can.

Villian is one of those donks from Seoul, kitty97 on Stars.

He's super tight, and I'd guess I'm winning 75% of hands. Against him, I CR obvious flops he missed, and he never floats me. He c-bets too much, etc. We played a 300 bb pot where I hit a flush against his TP shtty Kicker all in on the flop.

He does donkish things like raise for information and tank when I shove, etc.

FWIW, he called the flop pretty quick. Is this okay? It felt painful at the time, but I think it's good.

If I have the A of hearts, bet- call turn?

Poker Stars, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $1,562.25
Hero (BB): $3,493.75

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20

Flop: ($60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $60</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $235</font>, SB calls $175

Turn: ($530) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets $350</font>, Hero folds

Results: $530 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
SB mucked and WON $529.50 (+$264.50 NET)

g-p 10-19-2007 11:25 AM

Re: HU HAND

"he never floats me"

ok good, next ?

Yeti 10-19-2007 11:25 AM

looks good, i just don't see how you having the Ah instead of the Jh would make you put an extra $1300 in.

Requin 10-19-2007 11:27 AM

Think he'd turn a 9 into a bluff? Or bet with QT/8T? I mean it sounds like he'd get a J AI on the flop, and if he doesn't float you're in pretty bad shape here... I'm not really debating this in terms this hand, I think you should muck against this guy, I'm on the fence with the Ah though

Ship Ship McGipp 10-19-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks good, i just don't see how you having the Ah instead of the Jh would make you put an extra $1300 in.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont' either, that's why i asked but my intuition told me i would have wanted to bet-call the turn if i had it. (just bet to commit obv)

would you check call the turn with the Ah?

g-p 10-19-2007 11:30 AM

from what i remember kitty can be really aggro at weird times, so i would c/c with the Ah and if i hit on river, i would timebank - check to him, and he would shove

Ship Ship McGipp 10-19-2007 11:30 AM

i don't think he's good enough to turn 89 into a bluff or bet QT here. he bet in about 5 seconds on the turn, so fairly quickly, made me think he wasn't trying to get to some amazingly high level.

king_of_drafts 10-19-2007 11:31 AM

I play it the same with Ah

Yeti 10-19-2007 11:32 AM

yeah i'd probably c/c the turn with the Ah, but i don't know if that is correct, probably better to just c/f.

bet/call seems like complete spew though

Ship Ship McGipp 10-19-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i'd probably c/c the turn with the Ah, but i don't know if that is correct.

bet/call seems like complete spew though

[/ QUOTE ]

i get kind of used to aggro hu matches where eeryone is floating and bluffing and guys show up with QhTx or J8 or something