Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official Dallas Cowboys VS NY Giants Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543341)

punkass 11-11-2007 11:04 AM

Re: ***Official Dallas Cowboys VS NY Giants Thread***

Even though I'm an Eagles fan, I'm pretty excited to watch this game. There will be many spots where I will say "I wish my team could do that", probably.

Dallas by 9.

Nonfiction 11-11-2007 11:07 AM

GREAT week for football. This game, Eagles/Redskins, Titans/Jags, Browns/Steelers, Colts/Chargers, and Vikings/Packers

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though I'm an Eagles fan, I'm pretty excited to watch this game. There will be many spots where I will say "I wish my team could do that", probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol mcnabbaments

ScottieK 11-11-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The first time these guys played it was close. And the Giants played really bad then too.

I can't wait!!!!! I got my LT jersey laid out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I think the Giants will win this game, last second field goal or something like that. Hopefully the G-men are jacked up and ready for payback. Dallas can turn the ball over a bunch, like they did in Buffalo. If the Giants can put on their pass rush, Romo will be in for a long day.

ScottieK

yeotaJMU 11-11-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first time these guys played it was close. And the Giants played really bad then too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I think the Giants will win this game, last second field goal or something like that. Hopefully the G-men are jacked up and ready for payback. Dallas can turn the ball over a bunch, like they did in Buffalo. If the Giants can put on their pass rush, Romo will be in for a long day.

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 1 game rationale of "turn the ball over a bunch"

i guess the other 7 games mean nothing

Tyler Durden 11-11-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ScottieK

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ 1 game rationale of "turn the ball over a bunch"

i guess the other 7 games mean nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

Dallas is turning the ball over nearly twice per game. The Cowboys have some strengths. Protecting the football ain't one of them.

tdarko 11-11-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever wins the game probably wins the NFC East; and possibly HFA. I think Romo may be in for a tough day against NY's Four Aces package.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? First of all NY still have NE left on their schedule and Dallas doesn't. Also, NY barely beat one of the worst two teams in the NFL 13-10, I am still not understanding the love affair w/ this team--I mean yea they are good and they are rattling off wins but I still haven't seen them do anything super impressive.

Their win streak:

24-17 @ Was--Was is avg but always a tough game
16-3 vs. Phi--Philly was at its most depleted w/ injuries during this game. Osi took advantage of a rookie and that was the game + Phi is very good.
35-24 vs. NYJ--Jets are God-awful
31-10 @ Atl--you can only play the teams on your schedule but lets not get excited about pounding this team.
33-15 vs. SF--should we even talk about SF?
13-10 Mia--should we even talk about Mia?

Last 4 wins were against 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL--two of the games were close. So let's just wait and see before we start getting excited about this team.

Also, NY's strength is their D-line--Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the NFL and one of the best QB's at avoiding the pass rush and sacks. So they are going to need to do a little more than pass rush today if they are going to win this game.

I do think that NY continues to improve each week since week 1 against Dallas but in the same regard Dallas has improved each week as well and are a much different team today too.

Another note--Dallas hasn't played a game all year w/ two healthy corners and they may today.

Another note--Eli Manning is on the Giants, game over.

PocketQueens90 11-11-2007 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it will be close, or NY blows out Dallas. I don't see the Cowboys winning easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt Williams 11-11-2007 04:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever wins the game probably wins the NFC East; and possibly HFA. I think Romo may be in for a tough day against NY's Four Aces package.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what? First of all NY still have NE left on their schedule and Dallas doesn't. Also, NY barely beat one of the worst two teams in the NFL 13-10, I am still not understanding the love affair w/ this team--I mean yea they are good and they are rattling off wins but I still haven't seen them do anything super impressive.

Their win streak:

24-17 @ Was--Was is avg but always a tough game
16-3 vs. Phi--Philly was at its most depleted w/ injuries during this game. Osi took advantage of a rookie and that was the game + Phi is very good.
35-24 vs. NYJ--Jets are God-awful
31-10 @ Atl--you can only play the teams on your schedule but lets not get excited about pounding this team.
33-15 vs. SF--should we even talk about SF?
13-10 Mia--should we even talk about Mia?

Last 4 wins were against 4 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL--two of the games were close. So let's just wait and see before we start getting excited about this team.

Also, NY's strength is their D-line--Dallas has one of the best O-lines in the NFL and one of the best QB's at avoiding the pass rush and sacks. So they are going to need to do a little more than pass rush today if they are going to win this game.

I do think that NY continues to improve each week since week 1 against Dallas but in the same regard Dallas has improved each week as well and are a much different team today too.

Another note--Dallas hasn't played a game all year w/ two healthy corners and they may today.

Another note--Eli Manning is on the Giants, game over.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Before bashing the teams the Giants have played so far, why don't you take a look at the schedule Dallas had so far. Miami? St. Louis? Please.

To date the record of opponents played, not including each other
Dallas-22-35
NYG-20-37

So tell me, why is Dallas more superior than NY?

BTW- If the Pats have HFA locked up, do you honestly think they are playing Brady and Co. in week 17?

BigCummins 11-11-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think it will be close, or NY blows out Dallas. I don't see the Cowboys winning easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]