Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Ass end of a straight draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=143350)

rsliu 06-20-2006 08:35 PM

The Ass end of a straight draw

No reads.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Delegitimize is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Delegitimize checks.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Delegitimize calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2.5BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Delegitimize folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to SB.

Results:
Final pot: 2.5BB

shpanko 06-20-2006 08:52 PM

Re: The Ass end of a straight draw

I play the hand the same way and I think we are leaking in doing so. An 8 will bet the flop and the turn and we are folding the turn UI. I think that this hand is difficult to play well even with position. I would either fold or raise the flop and take control of the hand. Sure this might lose you the overcall from the MP1 player but you can take a free card or bet improved. All in all I think the flop should just be a fold, the pot is small and you very likely have the worse hand.

sccrneo 06-20-2006 09:03 PM

On the flop, I like raising more than calling. You might have the best hand with your ace, you probably will get a free card on the turn, you will probably fold out MP. Calling the flop, you know you are folding the turn UI. If you raise the flop, you will likely see the turn and river. You might also get to showdown your hand for free cuz SB could check both the turn and river afraid of getting raised again.

DCWildcat 06-20-2006 11:32 PM

You can raise that bitch PF

El Ishmael 06-20-2006 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf no

El Ishmael 06-20-2006 11:51 PM

Hand looks okay. Flop peel is thinnish but probably marginally the best play.

DCWildcat 06-21-2006 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf no

[/ QUOTE ]

pussy

buzz_ly 06-21-2006 12:35 AM

If im playing that hand on that flop I think i like a raise. Then i check behind on turn. I do not make an ace high call on a blank river.

pokergrader 06-21-2006 12:38 AM

I raise flop and bet/fold turn when checked to.

Check behind river UI.

DrewOnTilt 06-21-2006 01:09 AM

Hey rsliu - try posting this in the Micro-Limit forum. This forum is actually for shorthanded games, 6 players or less. Which is one of the reasons that some respondents have suggested raising preflop, as they don't seem to realize it is a full ring game.