Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   27$ Pokerstars JJ after a raise (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=291291)

Ryendal 12-25-2006 09:27 PM

27$ Pokerstars JJ after a raise

sorry no hand history
My stack is 1430 covered by Villain

Blinds 15/30
9 handed
Unknown Villain UTG+1 raise to 100
All folds, Hero j[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]j[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]on the button ?

I called ( 2 players in hand )

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain continuation bets to 120
Hero ?

My call preflop seems awkward ...
When I call, a lot of flops are scaring. I lean toward a fold at the moment...
Would you guys raise this preflop ? Is is worth to spend a large part of my stack here preflop ?

J-P 12-25-2006 09:41 PM

Re: 27$ Pokerstars JJ after a raise

Fold flop. I also just call the raise pf, is this too weak?

Oubliette 12-25-2006 11:04 PM

my standard at the 22s is to call here pf and play with position, oop i prob rr a lp raiser, maybe a leak tho.

this flop is pretty horrible obv, and in a sng i just pus out and give up.

Rook 12-26-2006 12:33 AM

There is really no reason to play this after the flop. Early in an SNG, an EP raiser nearly always means Ax or TT+. Of that range, you are beating absolutely nothing. You don't have a read (I'm assuming) on Villain to put him on a lower range. It's too early in the SNG to take these unnecessary risks.

As for PF play? It would take a read that Villain is looser than standard to reraise him. Especially when I know I'll have position on him for the rest of the hand. If villain were closer to the button, I might reraise him, but a good majority of the time, I probably still call with position. If you were in the SB/BB, and he were later position, I'm reraising a very large percentage of the time.

Green Kool Aid 12-26-2006 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold flop. I also just call the raise pf, is this too weak?

[/ QUOTE ]

no its standard unless villain is a lagdonk.

Ryendal 12-26-2006 01:02 AM

Well, I folded on the flop.
But If the guy continuation bets 90% of the time, I am not sure a call preflop is so good.

RaiNKhANgay 12-26-2006 01:08 AM

Standard

Rook 12-26-2006 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I folded on the flop.
But If the guy continuation bets 90% of the time, I am not sure a call preflop is so good.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on what you flop. Obviously if you flop a set, you're money. It's also possible you flop an overpair, which is semi-money. Can you fold to a flop bet with an overpair? Sure, but you better be damn sure he's value betting QQ+ (or it's a large part of his range).

Burno 12-26-2006 01:05 PM

Preflop call is standard.

Flop is a fold against an unknown, and also requires a note. You can float here with a read, but its real easy to spew if you get carried away with the idea.

CarlSpackler 12-26-2006 05:08 PM

QQ is the cutoff for me here as far as hands I'll reraise the villain with in this situation early in the tourney. You played the hand exactly as I would have.