Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Assassin's Creed (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490089)

plzleenowhammy 08-30-2007 05:07 PM

Assassin\'s Creed

My excitement for this game really nosedived after watching some cheesy cutscenes and the game seemed to be about wandering around aimlessly without a whole lot to do however these free-running videos look so sick and the interactive environment could be a lot of fun.

anyway.. enjoy these

assassin

plzleenowhammy 08-30-2007 05:19 PM

Re: Assassin\'s Creed

The 2nd video is the reason my excitement plummeted.. The combat looks horrible.

Dexytp22 08-30-2007 07:45 PM

I have really high expectations for this franchise. It seems to me that the free running is amazing, but yeah I don't know if the combat system is going to be shaky. Either way, I'm buying it the day it comes out.

Dire 08-31-2007 11:23 AM

I also lost alot of exictement from some of the recent videos. The least of problems not being that silly matrix type effect they have going on. The whole crowd interaction thing they keep trying to hype looks so lame. It's like human pinball. Hopefully it's more fun than it looks.

plzleenowhammy 08-31-2007 03:43 PM

All of the crowd interaction stuff looks better in the Splinter Cell: Conviction videos.. I love that the Bourne movies are influencing games so much.

BillNye 08-31-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have really high expectations for this franchise. It seems to me that the free running is amazing, but yeah I don't know if the combat system is going to be shaky. Either way, I'm buying it the day it comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

ADK 09-01-2007 10:39 PM

game is going to be qualiteeeeeeeeeee

blackize 09-02-2007 12:39 AM

Watching those the controls look really unwieldy and good god that fist fighting looked horrible.

plzleenowhammy 09-02-2007 01:01 AM

the control scheme is kind of strange.. the way i understand it each face button controls a limb or something like that.. i'll try to get more info and post it.

plzleenowhammy 09-02-2007 01:09 AM

In order to control Altair, Ubisoft attached four "puppet strings." One to his head (the Y button) his weapon hand (X), off hand (B) and his lower body (A). The right trigger has been jokingly dubbed "emotional control" by Raymond and her team. In short, it is a strength modifier. While walking, hold it down to run. While swashbuckling, hold it down for a lumbering power strike.

Using Y, you will do things like eavesdrop and use intuition. A, then, would be used to jump. An interesting control feature is climbing, done in a way we've never seen before. We didn't get a chance to touch the controller, but you will actually feel for handholds, like rock climbing. With it, Altair can climb anywhere in the world where there is a decent grip, and we're hoping he has a chance to move up the tallest of towers while sneaking past the castle guard.

IGN