Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Mayweather/de la Hoya (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=386107)

funkytown 04-23-2007 11:48 AM

Mayweather/de la Hoya

I've watched the 24 hour access the last two weeks on HBO and wanted to start some chatter about this program and this fight. Personally, after watching last nights show, I'm putting my dough on Oscar. Polarizing dissention between Mayweathers trainers and having Freddy Roach for Oscar and their continuityy, and at +160 on Bodog today, looks good to me.

coolmoedee 04-23-2007 12:03 PM

Re: Mayweather/de la Hoya

I think I agree. This is the biggest and maybe the last fight for Hoya, he should have his A-game and the odds make it even better.

JPT III 04-23-2007 12:08 PM

Please don't place that at Bodog. He's +190-ish on matchbook right now. You'd be crazy to take only +160 (at Bodog).

I started a thread about this a couple of weeks ago; I love the over. I don't think PBF can KO De La Hoya, and I don't think De La Hoya can do much damage to PBF, let alone KO him (or TKO). PBF will be all about playing it safe here, and winning on points. I love the over (11.5/lay -260) here.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

funkytown 04-23-2007 12:31 PM

Have you guys been watching that series on HBO?

Donk4Life 04-23-2007 02:21 PM

Over is the play. This fight will go the distance. Mayweather does not have knockout power and de la Hoya will likely never be able to land a knockout blow against the quicker Mayweather.

JPT III 04-23-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over is the play. This fight will go the distance. Mayweather does not have knockout power and de la Hoya will likely never be able to land a knockout blow against the quicker Mayweather.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more. I've loaded up a bunch on the over, at different places over the last few weeks (wherever I found a good line). The price has risen a bit, but there is still a bunch of -260 out there, which I think has great value. It'll be interesting to see where this line goes the week of the fight. I imagine the over will continue to get more expensive.

And yes, I've been watching that HBO series. Had no idea Mayweather was such a thug. From watching that series, I'm quickly becoming a De La Hoya fan for this one.

funkytown 04-23-2007 03:31 PM

Let us not forget the father and the uncle. Mayweather's father is a poster child for the effects of drug abuse. He can't be much older than me (48) and the putz looks about 70

NajdorfDefense 04-23-2007 05:35 PM

I don't see how Oscar wins this fight, PBF is too fast for him. I liked the over at -230.

funkytown 04-23-2007 10:51 PM

Fear Freedy Roach... my wife is a Filina and that guy has done a helluva job on Manny Pacquiao.

joshrocker 04-24-2007 02:31 AM

I'm still holding off on this bet. I really want to take Oscar the money line i'm looking at right now is +180. I think there is value on the de la hoya side since he can knock mayweather out, but mayweather shouldn't be able to knock out de la hoya. The other major factor is since there fighting at 154 will this slow Mayweather down just enough to give Oscar the one shot he needs?? Really tough fight to call. I haven't placed a bet yet because i'm afraid that i'm betting with my heart and not my head because Mayweather is really a thug and I would prefer to see him get the %*(&$*(&# kicked out of him.