Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Stud (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Razz - A betgo special (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537882)

SGspecial 11-03-2007 10:59 PM

Razz - A betgo special

My only will comment will be that I didn't notice the bring-in had brought it in for a completion until after I called. Oh, and God bless 20/40 razz!

Razz ($20/$40), Ante $3 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.90 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___completes___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls

4th Street - (17.90 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 7: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (12.45 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (14.45 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls

River - (16.45 BB)

Hero: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls

Total pot: (18.45 BB - $738)

T. Chance 11-04-2007 07:19 AM

Re: Razz - A betgo special

Is it me or third street is silly ?
There is just no way the king can get away with this ridiculous steal, is there ?
And why don't you raise ? Isn't this a good situation to put as much money in the pot as you can ?

RustyBrooks 11-04-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it me or third street is silly ?
There is just no way the king can get away with this ridiculous steal, is there ?
And why don't you raise ? Isn't this a good situation to put as much money in the pot as you can ?

[/ QUOTE ]

* Some people accidentally bringing-complete
* Some donkeys thing A2K is a good hand. Seriously.
* Some people just act nuts for no reason.

betgo 11-05-2007 06:14 AM

I have seen you open limp in early position and I don't know if you got it from me.

Here, I like the flat call, as it is likely to provoke a reraise. A reraise may look like an isolation play and also provoke action.

SGspecial 11-05-2007 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
* Some people accidentally bringing-complete
* Some donkeys thing A2K is a good hand. Seriously.
* Some people just act nuts for no reason.

[/ QUOTE ]
This was definitely no misclick. Villain with the bring-in was completely nuts, and probably did have A2 in the hole. Just trying to encourage the microstakers that people really do play that badly at 20/40 (tho this particular villain is not a regular AFAIK).

SGspecial 11-05-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have seen you open limp in early position and I don't know if you got it from me.

Here, I like the flat call, as it is likely to provoke a reraise. A reraise may look like an isolation play and also provoke action.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I got the olep (open limp - early position) play from SOR, but I know you like to use it as well and it can be very +EV in the right spots.

RustyBrooks 11-05-2007 12:06 PM

Until betgo posted and I remembered he's famous for limping first in, I actually assumed that the primary villain was betgo in this hand, and he rivered you. That would be even sicker than the straight 6 hand in that satellite a few days ago.

SGspecial 11-05-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Until betgo posted and I remembered he's famous for limping first in, I actually assumed that the primary villain was betgo in this hand, and he rivered you. That would be even sicker than the straight 6 hand in that satellite a few days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, thanks for bringing that up. No, betgo was not involved in this hand or this table, but I think it's safe to say that if he were seat 8 and had rivered a chop he would have raised me.