Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   AA on messy flop? I c/r all-in sir(s). (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=502283)

ajmargarine 09-16-2007 01:14 PM

AA on messy flop? I c/r all-in sir(s).

I usually go a little bigger preflop here. I was timing down due to action at other tables. Hit pot real quick and of course everyone calls. None of the villains are good.

I check. UTG is stabbing with any piece including, of course, hands that currently beat me badly. If there were a bet/raise out there, I was gonna fold! If there were a bet/call, I was gonna c/r ai! Thoughts on these plans?

Bet/call/call, well, I got rockets, I push.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $99.00
BB: $104.15
UTG: $72.55
MP: $131.10
CO: $180.20
BTN: $64.40

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, CO calls $1.00, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $5.00, MP calls $5.00, CO calls $5.00

Flop: ($25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $19.00</font>, MP calls $19.00, CO calls $19.00, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $93.00</font>...

orange 09-16-2007 01:17 PM

Re: AA on messy flop? I c/r all-in sir(s).

interesting line. i actually think that you're going to have the worst of it alot when/if called. but meh, what can you do?

Jay Riall 09-16-2007 01:23 PM

nooooooo this is nasty imo. Make it more preflop, you are going to be OOP in a 4way pot soo much with this raise size. I probably bet/fold this flop usually (re-evaluating if called, and I'm usually not liking my hand all that much).

As played with the strong UTG bet and 2 callers I'm just calling, and I really don't like my hand one bit. Seriously I'd rather fold in this spot than shove.

ajmargarine 09-16-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it more preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

I explained preflop. And I'm not just making that up like some people do.

Hince 09-16-2007 01:26 PM

Calling is pretty bad here. Folding seems terribly weak (but maybe it's not that bad?). Shoving is probably your best play.

carrotsnake 09-16-2007 01:37 PM

this is perfect, except for preflop

Jay Riall 09-16-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it more preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

I explained preflop. And I'm not just making that up like some people do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, missed that bit.

Noam Chomsky 09-16-2007 02:16 PM

I love your line but this isn't the flop for it imo.

Nielsio 09-16-2007 02:18 PM

This is not awful. There is so much money in there to make up for when you are behind. I personally don't see many people slowplaying with two pair+ on this flop and given how big everything is. So that leaves UTG and like you said he's aggro.

limitnl 09-16-2007 03:15 PM

seriously, how can you think your AA is still good after a bet, call and a overcall... You are so beat