Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hurricane Dean Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480413)

irunnotgood 08-18-2007 03:15 AM

Hurricane Dean Thread

Hurricane Dean is now south of Puerto Rico with sustained winds of 150 mph and will be a Cat 5 very shortly. Most models state that it will make landfall in northern Mexico but its still a ways out and there is a decent chance it will make landfall in TX or Louisiana. I'm sure those of you who live on the Gulf are aware of this storm but no matter where you live you should fill up your gas tank this weekend. Because oil production in the Gulf will cease and there is a chance it could wipe out the refineries around Houston.

agnoke10 08-18-2007 03:18 AM

Re: Hurricane Dean Thread

omg ship IT

NozeCandy 08-18-2007 04:03 AM

If this thing hits New Orleans and the city floods again you can seriously kiss the city good bye. Nobody would come back.

ryanghall 08-18-2007 04:36 AM

For the United States, it will all depend on whether or not Dean goes through the straight between Mexico and Cuba. If it does this then somewhere along the Gulf Coast is in REALLY big trouble.

It looks right now like it will clip the Yucatan Peninsula which is a good thing for the U.S., but obviously a horrible thing for Cancun and Cozumel which if the forecast stands will take a direct hit. Of course, the forecast usually changes from day to day as they can't accurately judge these things quite yet.

Ryan

ryanghall 08-18-2007 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this thing hits New Orleans and the city floods again you can seriously kiss the city good bye. Nobody would come back.

[/ QUOTE ]

New Orleans should be completely spared unless this thing takes a massive right turn, which isn't forecast. I'd be real worried if I lived in Texas, though.

4Tay 08-18-2007 11:29 AM

About to make direct hit to Jamaica. That island looks like it's going to get wrecked to pieces.

dp13368 08-18-2007 11:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About to make direct hit to Jamaica. That island looks like it's going to get wrecked to pieces.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I was just in Negril and it didn't look like there were many homes/structures that could withstand anywhere near CAT 4 type winds/rain.. not looking too good for Jamaica

tuq 08-18-2007 02:49 PM

This isn't the ******Official Hurricane D-E-A-N to the Super Bowl****** thread but I'll post in it anyway.

Cruel Sirius radio, I was just listening to it and Super Shuffle dusted off that old Stephen Bishop song "On and On" that starts with "Down in Jamaica they've got lots of pretty women". I hope some of those broads are mermaids.

KotOD 08-18-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hurricane Dean is now south of Puerto Rico with sustained winds of 150 mph and will be a Cat 5 very shortly. Most models state that it will make landfall in northern Mexico but its still a ways out and there is a decent chance it will make landfall in TX or Louisiana. I'm sure those of you who live on the Gulf are aware of this storm but no matter where you live you should fill up your gas tank this weekend. Because oil production in the Gulf will cease and there is a chance it could wipe out the refineries around Houston.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure where you're getting your info, but even the Spaghetti Model outliers don't pose a large threat to Houston.

Stop with the scare-mongering.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4193/modelsra0.gif

Blarg 08-18-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How will they be able to tell the difference?