Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Flop top two pair and NFD in the SB (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529568)

roggles 10-23-2007 04:39 PM

Flop top two pair and NFD in the SB

I know I played this so horribly... I didn't realize I had two pair on the flop. Given checking the flop turn is fold, right?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $79
UTG+1: $115.80
CO: $121.45
Button: $32.55
roggles: $147
BB: $41.95

Pre-flop: (6 players) roggles is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, roggles calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($5, 5 players)
roggles checks, BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($5, 5 players)
roggles checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, 2 folds, roggles folds, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: $5 returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: $5

gordo16 10-23-2007 05:03 PM

Re: Flop top two pair and NFD in the SB

nit extraordinaire..

not really in this spot, but I probably make the stubborn call anyways. I'm gonna chase with 2pr and a NFD in this small pot almost every time.

sqwisssssss 10-23-2007 05:27 PM

my god man.......lead that flop.

as played......cant blame you for folding......pots small........not a big chance of getting rewarded now if you hit on river.

lead out on flop and start to build a pot and get someone of yourself more committed and possibly win a big pot.

your hand is worthy of that.

chucky 10-23-2007 06:02 PM

Bet at the flop.

darkcore 10-23-2007 08:37 PM

bet flop and try to price yourself in on the turn.

Eric Draven 10-23-2007 10:08 PM

Sorry, I'm new to Omaha and trying to learn simple things still, why is this such an easy fold? I realize our equity gets somewhat crushed on a blank turn here, but it's only 5bb to see a river with 13 outs (9 hearts, 2 5's, and 2 A's). Are we really never getting paid off on a hit river?

Flip-Flop 10-23-2007 10:16 PM

There is no way I`m folding this hand.
Why so paranoid plays?
Op, reads on opponents mean everything in these spots.
Please include reads if any in your posts.

chucky 10-23-2007 10:23 PM

It is a psb on turn. Opponent has a6 probably. That means hero will win with a 5 on the river or with a heart that isnt a 6. However villian will fold to the river flush since hero will be marked as flush draw. This means hero does not get paid off on majority of his outs.

2handed 10-24-2007 12:59 AM

This is an easy flop lead because we have a small edge against a 24xy or 33xy where xy are not blockers. Leading this flop is really the only play here, I really don't like a checkraise since we cannot commit enough of our stack and our equity is killed on a blank turn if he decides to wait to stack off with a better made hand. As played turn is a call, I mean its five bucks.

Rob121 10-24-2007 02:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nit extraordinaire..

not really in this spot, but I probably make the stubborn call anyways. I'm gonna chase with 2pr and a NFD in this small pot almost every time.

[/ QUOTE ]