Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So I was playing with 2+2ers (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511036)

bellatrix 09-28-2007 01:43 AM

So I was playing with 2+2ers

All of the players are your typical 2+2ers... Except, SB, that guy is an idiot who contends that online poker is rigged. Oh, wait that leaves 3 2+2ers and 1 idiot.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ???

---

Please tell me where I screwed up...

Bulletproof Monk 09-28-2007 01:49 AM

Re: So I was playing with 2+2ers

flop raise wouldnt be terrible, but honestly i dont mind any of this.

i fold the river with a player behind.

Aaron W. 09-28-2007 01:50 AM

What is BB 2+2er coldcalling 3 with? Oh, it's a 4-handed game and they're probably donking around. Raise the flop because top pair is the nuts in this type of game.

bellatrix 09-28-2007 01:55 AM

Well, my thoughts at the time (and I was multitasking horribly, so I'm surprised that I had any thoughts), where that that gives away, that I have an Ace and I wouldn't get any action, plus if somebody has an Ace, that somebody has a better kicker maybe. It was 4-handed.

On the river, with a player behind am I not better off raising this with a possibility he will fold? Well scratch that, SB was an idiot. But if he was a half thinking player, it would be +EV to raise and hope BB is bluffing?

Point Blank 09-28-2007 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is BB 2+2er coldcalling 3 with? Oh, it's a 4-handed game and they're probably donking around. Raise the flop because top pair is the nuts in this type of game.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a "2+2 game" ... or a game with a number of 2+2ers ... big difference

if a "2+2 game" ... pfft - cap the flop with 2nd or middle pair on that board

if the other ... well - you table selection pretty much sucks [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Aaron W. 09-28-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, my thoughts at the time (and I was multitasking horribly, so I'm surprised that I had any thoughts), where that that gives away, that I have an Ace and I wouldn't get any action, plus if somebody has an Ace, that somebody has a better kicker maybe. It was 4-handed.

On the river, with a player behind am I not better off raising this with a possibility he will fold? Well scratch that, SB was an idiot. But if he was a half thinking player, it would be +EV to raise and hope BB is bluffing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. That's a game dynamics play. Do you think the half-thinking idiot will fold a flush for 8 cents? Probably not.

I don't mind a call to make BB show down his whatever. Folding isn't bad, either, but with the bloated pot because of the 4-handed preflop cap, I'm don't mind looking him up even though he's going to have a flush pretty often.

bellatrix 09-28-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be "2+2 game" with an idiot stopping by.

Point Blank 09-28-2007 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be "2+2 game" with an idiot stopping by.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - so you really mean ... 1 idiot, and 3 other - uhhh - idiots [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

scpi10 09-28-2007 02:27 AM

really it was 2 2+2er, 1 quasi 2+2er and some poor idiot

Smurph64 09-28-2007 02:32 AM

The flop looks like a screw up to me. I would raise.