Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   JJ deep overpair against 56/15 aggrodonk (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534754)

Jurrr 10-30-2007 05:01 PM

JJ deep overpair against 56/15 aggrodonk

6-handed.

Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and covers.

MP is 56/15/1.6(400) with 52% (!) won when saw flop, 42% att to steal blinds, 34% folded BB to steal. MP has 214BB. My read is that he is retarded, floaty and bluffy.

BB is also a LAGtard though has more brains.

Hero raises to 3.5BB, MP calls, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (11BB)

BB checks, Hero bets 8.4BB, MP calls, BB calls.

Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (36.2BB)

BB checks, Hero checks (I figure they may give up their float with a double barrel and I can let them do some betting), MP bets 72BB, BB folds, Hero...?

WTF? Why is he betting so much? If for some reason I call and he shoves a blank river for 130BB for a 440BB pot am I calling?

sh58 10-30-2007 05:02 PM

Re: JJ deep overpair against 56/15 aggrodonk

i think i would raise and call a shove. if you are beat, oh well

diskopoker 10-30-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think i would raise and call a shove. if you are beat, oh well

[/ QUOTE ]

you regularly play 400bb pots with this attitude?

this is a very marginal spot. given time i think this is a fold but in the heat of battle i may call or raise, im not sure. but it is very very close. actually i like a fold there are better spots to throw about 200bb.

Sean Fraley 10-30-2007 05:27 PM

Why did you call the turn bet? Unless villain's aggro stats are something like 1/4/1 I don't see how huge overbets mean good news for JJ on boards like this. Yeah, he get weird like this if he picked up a combo draw on the turn but I still don't like calling this OOP, especially when it can wind up all-in for less than a PSB on the river.

Jurrr 10-30-2007 05:32 PM

I'm not saying I called the turn bet. I'm asking hypothetically if I did call what is our plan for the river.

Sean Fraley 10-30-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying I called the turn bet. I'm asking hypothetically if I did call what is our plan for the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the event that I called the turn in this situation, I'm calling the river. I don't like the idea of villains thinking that waiting until I get almost half of my stack in the middle then trying to bluff me out of the pot is something they should do with any frequency. I would rather pay of his higher overpair or set once than have him try this line as a bluff over and over in the future.

sh58 10-30-2007 05:43 PM

aggro donk + overpair is a good combination, even when 2 BI's deep.

you say bluffy, floaty and retarted. surely you beat alot of hands he is going broke with here. there are 3 draws out as well

i agree it is a weird spot, but i'm gonna find it hard folding, when you have described him thus.

kaby 10-30-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aggro donk + overpair is a good combination, even when 2 BI's deep

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm shoving

sisyphus75 10-30-2007 06:08 PM

-Man! I don't know if there is a hypothetical situation. Either you are shoving the turn, or folding. IMO, calling turn is bad. He is attempting a mad bluff against your aggression, plus his AF is really not that aggressive. I do not see him doing that with air. He does like seeing a lot of cards, though. I believe T9s is in his range. I would fold turn.

Jurrr 10-30-2007 06:18 PM

If he's on complete air wouldn't calling turn and calling river be best? Or do you think he never is on complete air?