Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I have a straight flush....but what am I beating?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362299)

SossMan 03-23-2007 11:49 AM

I have a straight flush....but what am I beating??

Live $200 tourney.

EP (15,000) is an asian tight old man nitty type.
Rest of the table is kinda loose. We are still pretty deep.

Blinds are 75-150

I have ~20k UTG and limp w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

EP raises to 400 which means TT+,AK,AQ

I fully intend to muck, but 3 other people call, so I call too.
Pot: 2000
Flop is:

T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Blinds check, I check to the raiser, and he bets 1500.

Folded back to me and I decide to try to sell the naked Ah and think for a bit before just calling.

Turn is a 4s and I check planning on chraising him all in, but he checks behind.

River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] making a final board of:

8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet 2k and he calls time...

He asks me if I have the A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]..I stay silent, and finally he says "you no have Ace of heart, I'm all in".

I feel like he should know that I have the ace there alot and would not risk jamming w/ the Kh when he knows I wouldn't call w/ the Qh given the board.

Since I have the Ah, he can't have it, so he has to have exactly red JJ, right?

Am I crazy??

Mingdu 03-23-2007 11:53 AM

Re: I have a straight flush....but what am I beating??

If he has it then power to him ... I go broke here every time because I couldn't live with myself if someone made me fold a straight flush with the K of hearts

SossMan 03-23-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he has it then power to him ... I go broke here every time because I couldn't live with myself if someone made me fold a straight flush with the K of hearts

[/ QUOTE ]

it's probably a live thing, which i guess is tough to get across in a post.

registrar 03-23-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
finally he says "you no have Ace of heart, I'm all in".

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got it. I can't fold but you should.

Black Aces 518 03-23-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
finally he says "you no have Ace of heart, I'm all in".

[/ QUOTE ]

He's got it. I can't fold but you should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Wow this sucks. If you had red 66, I think you gotta call, because he could be a moron with the Ah and doesn't see the sf. But that speech is almost always the nuts (or what they think is the nuts). If the board is 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and someone says "I don't think you have the flush, I'm all in", they have a boat EVERY TIME. I think since there's no way that he has a boat, and no way he has the Ah, he HAS to have the Jh. Has to.

helgefyll 03-23-2007 11:58 AM

Yeah, he wouldnt raise unless he had it, he's not raising with Kh. But im still calling, cause he might be a total donk.

Fish R Friends 03-23-2007 12:00 PM

Could put him on K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on a pf steal that went well and just got better. Is it possible that he has K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Jx ?

It sure seems like he's got the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in any case. But I really don't think you can lay this down, if that's what you're getting at?

arod18 03-23-2007 12:01 PM

Yeah, I couldn't live with myself if I didn't call but it would be equally hard after I saw his Jh.

Nate. 03-23-2007 12:02 PM

Soss --

You got it exactly right. There are a few subtle variations on the theme that sometimes indicate bluffs, but this line is the jack of hearts far more than anything else.

Good fold, if you made it.

--Nate

Mingdu 03-23-2007 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good fold, if you made it.

--Nate

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not this good ... if you folded and he showed the J then you are the man

Do you show the folded 6?