Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   T9 5sng.. I want to shove. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539136)

Somekid 11-05-2007 11:26 PM

Re: T9 5sng.. I want to shove.

I don't see anything wrong with just folding to the flop raise. We're OOP and the pot is tiny. He could have a flush draw, but if you're mistaken, it's going to be very very expensive.

ChicagoRy 11-05-2007 11:28 PM

Dave, we all tilt sometimes. Give it up.

daveT 11-06-2007 02:30 PM

What answer am I supposed to listen to? Tautomer hit the logic of the hand dead-on. For the record, when I say my "read" is a flush draw, I am saying that I am 80% sure that is what I am facing.

"We all tilt sometimes, give it up" has two million meanings. Am I folding?

tmcdmck 11-07-2007 11:48 AM

no dont fold; you have 2nd pair! just shoving seems pointless does it not?

jay_shark 11-07-2007 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars, $5 + $0.25 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: 1,970
Hero (BB): 1,030

Pre-Flop: (30) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 20</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 80</font>

I felt like he had a flush draw. After the past few days, I don't feel like following through with my reads. Yeah, I am pretty sure he would have called.

And no, he is not going to fold anything, there is no purpose to raise pf.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave , even if he's not going to fold , you should still raise this pre-flop . Your raising for value since it's likely your hand is better than his . So you should raise as much as he's willing to call . That is , if you think you'll win more than 50% of pots , whether uncontested or not , you should be raising for value .

Mathematically , it is much more likely he hit a piece of the flop than he's on a flush draw . The odds against him being on a flush draw is ~ 3:1 since he'll hit a flush draw ~ 10.9% of the time . However , he hits a piece of the flop about 33% of the time .

So you have a few options :

1) If he's maniacal , you may re-raise this hand (but not shove) since you're likely to be ahead .

2) Just call if you think there is a decent chance you're ahead .

3) Fold against a solid tight player since you have little invested .

PureDiesel 11-07-2007 12:35 PM

"2) Just call if you think there is a decent chance you're ahead . "
Ok, then what do we do with different turns???

jay_shark 11-07-2007 12:49 PM

You fold if a flush card hits since there is an increased chance of him having the best hand .

Based on Dave's assessment , it appears that he's dealing with a loose player so I would have re-raised otf .

Somekid 11-07-2007 03:46 PM

I found this really surprising. We should be raising T9s PF for value when we're OOP? I thought being OOP was enough of a handicap that raising T9s PF would be -EV.

ChicagoRy 11-07-2007 03:55 PM

I wouldn't raise this OOP, especially against most low level players who are way too loose and passive.

HokieGreg 11-07-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise this OOP, especially against most low level players who are way too loose and passive.

[/ QUOTE ]

qft