Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Student Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69)
-   -   What is your school "known for"? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=349606)

soon2b 03-14-2007 12:21 PM

Re: What is your school \"known for\"?

[ QUOTE ]
basketball
rich smart snobby kids
rape allegations

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, my school too

Xavier U

Oh yeah, 2nd ugliest girls in the country according to playboy.

ImAKing 03-14-2007 02:34 PM

harvard of the midwest

theflyingcow 03-14-2007 03:56 PM

Harvard:

Primal scream (streaking through Harvard yard the night before finals)

Peeing on the John Harvard Statue Toe.

Having sex in the Widener Stacks (the second largest library in the world, next to the library of Congress I think)

Badger 03-14-2007 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
our school of journalism, bars uptown and the biggest Halloween party in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're not UW-Madison, you're mistaken about the Halloween party.

[/ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, nobody talks about "uptown" in Madison. My take was if you are a student downtown meant up by the Capitol, people further removed from the University seem to include State Street and the University. He might not be mistaken, as I heard Halloween was pretty weak last year.

Aside from that we're recognized as a party school with strong academics. I'm not gonna list we've got top 10 this or best that, because every university seems to have a list like that.

Madison is also one of the best places for football gameday. I've been told this by people who have visited from many other schools, as well as compared it to a few other places myself. Obviously I'm biased, but when I was there a couple years ago SI rated Madison the #1 College Sports town.

sigurrostyp 03-14-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
harvard of the midwest

[/ QUOTE ]

Miami of Ohio I'm presuming?

Dave D 03-14-2007 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Aside from that we're recognized as a party school with strong academics. I'm not gonna list we've got top 10 this or best that, because every university seems to have a list like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess reading skills isn't one of them-because lists of "top this or best at that" was the point of this thread.

Dave D 03-14-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
harvard of the midwest

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think Chicago, Northwestern, or maybe Michigan (seems like Michigan people think they have an acedemic rivelry with Harvard) gets "harvard of the midwest" before Miami of Ohio...

theflyingcow 03-14-2007 10:56 PM

Seems like Chicago or NW. Mich...not so sure.

damaniac 03-14-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, and stop listing drinking. Every school is 'known' for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. There's like 150 schools that are "known" for drinking. You go to any large state school, and many smaller/private ones, you can find more than enough parties. Maybe your campus has slightly more fall-down drunks and alcoholics than mine. Ok, ok, you win!

sigurrostyp 03-15-2007 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
harvard of the midwest

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think Chicago, Northwestern, or maybe Michigan (seems like Michigan people think they have an acedemic rivelry with Harvard) gets "harvard of the midwest" before Miami of Ohio...

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe that Miami of Ohio's slogan is this, but that is pretty ridiculous considering that it is not even the best school in its state.