Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   why play limit? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=73720)

Checkov 03-29-2006 06:29 AM

why play limit?

Let's here why you play limit vs no limit?

captZEEbo 03-29-2006 06:39 AM

Re: why play limit?

this should be hilarious

Chris Piekarski 03-29-2006 06:41 AM

I lack testicles.

daisyglaze 03-29-2006 06:47 AM

bc i like calling and raising and not folding.

Flintoff 03-29-2006 06:53 AM

Because I cant lose a weeks wages in one hand. I like to lose it in several thousand and get my money's worth.

amirite 03-29-2006 07:14 AM

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/860...mg135ym.th.jpg

DonkTilt 03-29-2006 11:42 AM

Because most people who play Limit are failiures and its nearly free money, I can consistantly make money and 1 filthy suckout doesnt ruin a good day

Dan BRIGHT 03-29-2006 12:26 PM

I'm too much of a panzy to play nl like a real man

Trent 03-29-2006 01:03 PM

You actually get to play every street, as you can't use the weak move of an all-in to get to a showdown without making anymore decisions.

This is a typical high stakes NL game: Each player has about 100bb. AJs raises, KK re-raises, AJs calls. About 20bb in the pot when the flop comes. AJs checks his flush draw, KK bets about pot, AJs check-raises pot all-in, KK calls.

This is game over on the flop. No more poker decisions to be made. The turn and river are just there to entertain the fish. In a limit game each opponent will normally have to make some more tuff decisions on the turn and river.

The current popular NL game is for weak players that can't play real poker, where decisions have to be made on every street. It is too easy to get your stack in and sit back and relax. Real men play limit.

NL would be a lot better, and maybe superior to limit, if they changed a few things. They should have no max buy-in, and have at least a 1000bb min buy-in. This would be a game worth playing. But no one likes these because you can't go all-in. "Going all-in is fun", "Going all-in makes you feel like a big man". The all-in has been popularized by the broadcasting of tournaments, where short stakes are necessary to finish these on time.

Now don't get me started on NL tournaments.

Trent.

lapoker17 03-29-2006 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You actually get to play every street, as you can't use the weak move of an all-in to get to a showdown without making anymore decisions.

This is a typical high stakes NL game: Each player has about 100bb. AJs raises, KK re-raises, AJs calls. About 20bb in the pot when the flop comes. AJs checks his flush draw, KK bets about pot, AJs check-raises pot all-in, KK calls.

This is game over on the flop. No more poker decisions to be made. The turn and river are just there to entertain the fish. In a limit game each opponent will normally have to make some more tuff decisions on the turn and river.

The current popular NL game is for weak players that can't play real poker, where decisions have to be made on every street. It is too easy to get your stack in and sit back and relax. Real men play limit.

NL would be a lot better, and maybe superior to limit, if they changed a few things. They should have no max buy-in, and have at least a 1000bb min buy-in. This would be a game worth playing. But no one likes these because you can't go all-in. "Going all-in is fun", "Going all-in makes you feel like a big man". The all-in has been popularized by the broadcasting of tournaments, where short stakes are necessary to finish these on time.

Now don't get me started on NL tournaments.

Trent.

[/ QUOTE ]

best gimmick account ever.