Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Fold KK on the flop after aggression (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515701)

UmbertoEco 10-04-2007 04:43 PM

Fold KK on the flop after aggression

Hey guys what do you think of this?
I smelled something fishy and managed to fold this. It's the first time I do this so any opinions are appreciated. This guy played 2 out of 15 hands. I have no other info on him. He stated in the chat that he had QQ. I do not know what he had but QQ, AA is my pick... Anyway.

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $90.91
BB: $52.37
UTG: $60.97
CO: $48.71
BTN: $50.25

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $3

Flop: ($8.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $56.97 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $22.50 Pot ($1.12 Rake)

Khaos4k 10-04-2007 04:47 PM

Re: Fold KK on the flop after aggression

To me this looks like a set mining line that hit. I fold this.

Nairb 10-04-2007 05:07 PM

As a tight player I believe the QQ and think you made a good fold.

Would you have called if he would have popped it up to 15-20 instead of push.

bsball8806 10-04-2007 05:07 PM

I believe UTG puts you on KK or AA, and deems you incapable of folding these hands to a massive overbet. He has 44, 55, or QQ.

Brian O'Nolan 10-04-2007 07:40 PM

OMG. Call. All. Day. Not exactly a fistpump call but still.

You have 15 hands on the guy and you've convinced yourself he's a nit who just flopped a set. You see all kinds of FDs here, AQ, 67... yes he is going to have a set sometimes but you have to call this with no read. And "he played 2/15 hands" is not a read.

QuadLaser 10-04-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OMG. Call. All. Day. Not exactly a fistpump call but still.

You have 15 hands on the guy and you've convinced yourself he's a nit who just flopped a set. You see all kinds of FDs here, AQ, 67... yes he is going to have a set sometimes but you have to call this with no read. And "he played 2/15 hands" is not a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has AdXd or OESFD we are coinflipping.... if he has a set we are dead. WTF are we crushing that this is a "call all day"? Is AQo or KQo really jamming for all his chips? Clearly he puts OP on AA/KK and expects him to be unable to lay it down. I use this move CONSTANTLY at 1/2 NL live here in vegas since around 50%+ of tourists ONLY PFR with KK/AA. I just call with ATC and if I am ahead after the flop just move in. They snap call most of the time.

CruS 10-04-2007 09:37 PM

Why do you all think villain puts you on AA/KK in my experience villain always puts you on AK on every 3bet hand.

QuadLaser 10-04-2007 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you all think villain puts you on AA/KK in my experience villain always puts you on AK on every 3bet hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he puts you on AK in this hand then why would he push with such a huge overbet? There is no way AK could call that. He wants to get paid off a whole stack from AA/KK or possibly AQ No one ever bluff-raises all in on the flop for a full buy-in.

UmbertoEco 10-05-2007 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you have called if he would have popped it up to 15-20 instead of push.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know man. I think I would at least call it. Perhaps, I d put him AI most of the time.

CruS 10-05-2007 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he puts you on AK in this hand then why would he push with such a huge overbet? There is no way AK could call that. He wants to get paid off a whole stack from AA/KK or possibly AQ No one ever bluff-raises all in on the flop for a full buy-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because maybe he does not have a set 100% of the time.