Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=526524)

SunyD 10-19-2007 11:40 AM

Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section?

Why is the "Full Ring" section seperate from all of the other sections, which are divided by stakes, in the PL/NL section?

I know strategies are different for micro-stakes, small-stakes, high-stakes, etc... but is that only for 6-max? Why do all stakes for Full Ring go in the one "Full Ring" forum?

Maybe mods/admins can consolidate those sub-sections.

Labarde 10-19-2007 11:44 AM

Re: Why is Full Ring a seperate forum in PL/NL section?

Filling a ring is harder than it looks. Hope this helps.

mrkilla 10-19-2007 11:47 AM

Full Ring was asked for because about 2/3 of the people play short handed games and were posting as such. The guys who played 7 handed or better found them selves at a loss for getting/receiving strat from these players

diebitter 10-19-2007 11:48 AM

most posts and players in the other nl/pl forums are 6-max, and some FR players were feeling drowned out using these forums, or getting advice better suited to 6-max. As most 2+2ers seem to prefer 6-max to FR, it seemed most reasonable to give the FR players their own forum and leave the current NL forums as they were.

Basically, if you play NL 6-max, use the other NL forums appropriate to your level, if you play FR, use the FR forum (although there is useful advice in medium and high stakes forums for both communities).

In terms of merging, the most likely sequence now is FR may be due to split into 2 forums some time in the near future, depending on traffic and the wishes of the community (and the management, ldo).

THEOSU 10-19-2007 12:10 PM

or, in shorter words.

full ring is for nits, and they needed their own nitty advice.

TheProdigy 10-19-2007 01:44 PM

We need to split it. Bad.

The advice in the forums is simply atrocious and I rarely even post in there because any good advice is just intermingled with horrid advice. I post some hands and look for replies from the total of 4 others who are any decent at all. It definitely needs split. Badddddddd.

nation 10-19-2007 05:37 PM

do you guys think there is enough demand for micros up to say 50nl, and then enough for 100nl+?

i think that seems about the right breakdown. definitely a jump in skill level between 50 and 100. however, if the 100nl+ forum has no traffic it would hurt the forum and a split wouldn't be worth it.

Berge20 10-19-2007 07:11 PM

This is where I really miss Sniper's post count numbers. Not that count it the only factor at when/if we should split, but I cant tell if we're still growing or not.

five4suited 10-19-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you guys think there is enough demand for micros up to say 50nl, and then enough for 100nl+?.

[/ QUOTE ]

seconded

SgtJake 10-19-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We need to split it. Bad.

The advice in the forums is simply atrocious and I rarely even post in there because any good advice is just intermingled with horrid advice. I post some hands and look for replies from the total of 4 others who are any decent at all. It definitely needs split. Badddddddd.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

We need 2 FR forums. One for microstakes, one for low/midstakes. Please make it happen right away.

ty