Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Time to tread cautiously? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544405)

NYTyler 11-12-2007 03:30 PM

Time to tread cautiously?

Live $1/$2 NLHE at Tropicana in AC, Eight handed

Hero: $610
CO: $315

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
2 Calls, 2 Folds, CO Calls, BT Folds, <font color="red"> Hero Raises to $10 </font>, BB Folds, 1 Call, 1 Fold, 1 Call

Flop: ($32) A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (3 players) </font>
<font color="red"> Hero Bets $10 </font>, 1 Call, <font color="red"> CO Raises to $35 </font>, <font color="red"> Hero Raises to $150 </font>, 1 Fold, CO Calls $150

Turn: ($338) 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue"> (2 Players) </font>
<font color="red"> Hero? </font>

Now this guy is relatively new to the table but he said it was his birthday and I don't expect him to be much better than an average player at best. Keep shoving here? Because what am I beating here A5 or possibly A3? I feel like even though I have a set I may be topped here. Any justification here for slowing down with this hand after he called my monster raise?

thac 11-12-2007 03:31 PM

Re: Time to tread cautiously?

There's ~150 left into a pot of 340. If you don't wanna stack off here (lol?), don't 3-bet the flop.. but I don't advise that. Just shove.

NYTyler 11-12-2007 03:33 PM

yes but what am i beating here? I got this uneasy feeling that only a monster was calling me here.

GTSamIAm 11-12-2007 03:34 PM

I would say definitely not. I think you have little reason to be worried. I like your bet-3bet on the flop although I don't necessarily agree with your raise from the SB with 33. I've been going for the call of the flop raise then cr'ing the turn in this spot; I wonder if I've been playing it sub-optimally for a while?

thac 11-12-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now this guy is relatively new to the table but he said it was his birthday and I don't expect him to be much better than an average player at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat everything in a 'birthday boy' gambler's range.

NYTyler 11-12-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like your bet-3bet on the flop although I don't necessarily agree with your raise from the SB with 33. I've been going for the call of the flop raise then cr'ing the turn in this spot; I wonder if I've been playing it sub-optimally for a while?

[/ QUOTE ]

I raised with 33 from the SB just to vary my play a little and to disguise my hand a bit if I happen to hit. Which coincidentally is a reason why I am playing this hand so strongly. But I am afraid that I am second best here.

sebbb 11-12-2007 03:37 PM

he probably calls with AJ

Chicago Twister 11-12-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Time to tread cautiously?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You should very carefully put all your chips in the pot in one smooth motion.

You wouldn't want to be called for a string bet.

DaycareInferno 11-12-2007 03:38 PM

open fold turn obv

NYTyler 11-12-2007 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he probably calls with AJ

[/ QUOTE ]

Your really think he does that for half of his stack?